cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 07-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
thanks of informing me ,since i all i have been told was "civilized people dont kill any one over his thought and speech"
your new signature has got something much smarter to say ,by the way!
Here people throw words around; in Islam people throw bombs at babies.

There's a lot of talk and little action here, but some radicals are learning from Islam, let's hope they don't learn too well.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 AM   #12
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Here people throw words around; in Islam people throw bombs at babies.

There's a lot of talk and little action here, but some radicals are learning from Islam, let's hope they don't learn too well.
i knew there is a LOT talk and little action out there,but thanks for helping to make my point..
how frivolous and superfacial some people have to be to stick in some rare case in islam( which has its own reasons and causes) and forget the whole excellent and outstanding teachings.
wih having easily access to guns i couldnot be as hopeful as you are not to see those threat come into action !
Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 AM   #13
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
So there is no misunderstanding, my signature is not an argument for returning to marchy nor for theocracy or dictatorship. It is, if anything, a plea for bearing with democracies despite despots like Gearge W. Bush.

All religions are capable of similar extremism if left unchecked. Al Queda=Tim McVey=MMM=Inquisition. The difference is the enlightened civic society, the larger secular culture that has been dominant in the West since the Enlightenment, that is a tempering influence on religion and is largely absent in the Middle East.
i completely comprehended whats the main point of the current signature ,but thanks for explnation ..and my post was sort of compliment not sarcasm any way.
i agree .. its a total disaster to have a state religion which has got no ability and no adequacy to run a government.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #14
Archaea

Quote:
i knew there is a LOT talk and little action out there,but thanks for helping to make my point..
how frivolous and superfacial some people have to be to stick in some rare case in islam( which has its own reasons and causes) and forget the whole excellent and outstanding teachings.
wih having easily access to guns i couldnot be as hopeful as you are not to see those threat come into action !
Western thought and civility still holds most radicals at bay. What is commonplace in Islam is rare in civilized cultures. When do we not see a bomb in Gaza, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or even Syria or Iran?

We know about them here, but thankfully they are relatively rare.

Here's a challenge, show some great sense of charity, not politically motivated, where Muslims helped out nonMuslims.

Last edited by Archaea; 07-15-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 AM   #15
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Western thought and civility still holds most radicals at bay. What is commonplace in Islam is rare in civilized cultures. When do we not see a bomb in Gaza, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or even Syria or Iran?

We know about them here, but thankfully they are relatively rare.

Here's a challenge, show some great sense of charity, not politically motivated, where Muslims helped out nonMuslims.
it would not be too difficult to remember that those countries were quite peace-loving place to live.. when there is a serious threat and intimidation , people get to defend themselves.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:03 AM   #16
Archaea

Quote:
it would not be too difficult to remember that those countries were quite peace-loving place to live.. when there is a serious threat and intimidation , people get to defend themselves.
When have those countries known peace? They have known nothing but war for most of the existence of those cultures, various as they are.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #17
Mindfulcoug

mind to take a quick look at afqanistan history to brush up your historical familiarity with the country..and to find out how they had been doing befor soviet union invasion ,you could follow the same process about palestine and iraq as well .
western countries have a rich history of war too ,but they mostly have played as invaders role so there might not be direct impact on the people and countries.
havenot you forgotten the fantastic opportunity which the united state of america provideded for hiroshima and nagasaki people to be able to see mushroom cloud,have you ?
i think they are STLL greatful for that.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 07-15-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #18
Archaea

Quote:
mind to take a quick look at afqanistan history to brush up your historical familiarity with the country..and to find out how they had been doing befor soviet union invasion ,you could follow the same process about palestine and iraq as well .
western countries have a rich history of war too ,but they mostly have played as invaders role so there might not be direct impact on the people and countries.
havenot you forgotten the fantastic opportunity which the united state of america provideded for hiroshima and nagasaki people to be able to see mushroom cloud,have you ?
i think they are STLL greatful for that.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended a war, lest you forget.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Hiroshima and Nagasaki ended a war, lest you forget.
right ,but in what cost?

how about giving middle easterners a chance to see a mushroom cloud and end the war on terror?
i wonder what you might say if there is a time that your people would need to experience such a thing..
Old 07-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
Archaea

Quote:
right ,but in what cost?

how about giving middle easterners a chance to see a mushroom cloud and end the war on terror?
i wonder what you might say if there is a time that your people would need to experience such a thing..
No. Lest you forget, Japan was an aggressor against the US, attacking US soil as few other enemies have. When we are attacked on our soil, we let out a fury unknown to man. Should some wayward nation explode a nuclear weapon on our soil, that nation would be annihilated so that no living thing would stand.

In the history of world superpowers, we are the most benign. People in our domain actually care about the welfare of others. Not all, but at least some.

You can outside of Islamic Renaissance point to no period when Islamic principles benefit man in general.

US principles of economics, representative government and technology benefit all nations. Is there also harm? Of course.

But the net effect of Islam is currently harmful.