cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 10-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Rhetorical questions.

You think their assumptions are sure fire? Why did SLC need an LDS church bail out if downtown SLC is such a sure fire thing for developers? Assumptions are always debatable in this context, dip yewt. You aren't showing me any knowledge other than regurgitating the propaganda. Are their pro formas an instance of modern revelation like the wide streets in downtown SLC?
Rhetorical question?

Why do all of your posts contain either vague or not so vague shots at a church that you know will get the reactions that you're looking for?

Oh nevermind...the answer is obvious. You're a bitter apostate troll.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Rhetorical question?

Why do all of your posts contain either vague or not so vague shots at a church that you know will get the reactions that you're looking for?

Oh nevermind...the answer is obvious. You're a bitter apostate troll.
It is that kind of productive debate that keeps me posting here.

Let's start a game: how many posts can Mesa go without trying to be insulting?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
It is that kind of productive debate that keeps me posting here.

Let's start a game: how many posts can Mesa go without trying to be insulting?
You don't like it, then put me on ignore. I have the balls to call him what he really is and what he's really doing.

Maybe you should get a set.

Oh by the way...you gonna tell me what job it was that you got me on the inside? lol....I'm still waiting for that one. Please...refresh my memory.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Quote:
Rhetorical questions.

You think their assumptions are sure fire? Why did SLC need an LDS church bail out if downtown SLC is such a sure fire thing for developers? Assumptions are always debatable in this context, dip yewt. You aren't showing me any knowledge other than regurgitating the propaganda. Are their pro formas an instance of modern revelation like the wide streets in downtown SLC?
I wouldn't say SLC "needed" a bail out. I would say downtown would have been revitalized with or without the church, but without the church it clearly would have taken a very long time. Office space in downtown is going quickly right now. There are lots of huge projects going on that don't involve the church at all. That said, the church's involvement is desireable in the sense that it gave SLC the opportunity to have a cohesive plan for an enormous part of downtown rather than a piecemeal approach that would have taken years and, ironically, had less of a chance of success due to the lack of an overarching plan.

To conduct the kind of work the church is planning, you needed someone with billions in capital and the will to help. That pretty much left the church.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
You don't like it, then put me on ignore. I have the balls to call him what he really is and what he's really doing.

Oh by the way...you gonna tell me what job it was that you got me on the inside? lol....I'm still waiting for that one. Please...refresh my memory.
1 post. Nice work. Are you sure you want me to post the names of places you have worked, Dave?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
1 post. Nice work. Are you sure you want me to post the names of places you have worked, Dave?
If I know you...refresh my memory. I honestly don't remember meeting you.

I have met a friend of yours working at CompHealth or someone who claimed to be one of your good friends. He posts under the name MaxPower and we went out for lunch one day.

Other than that I have NO idea who you are.

Oh...and using my first name like you're trying to be omnious....lol....doesn't bother me.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You may not like him, but I do, even though I don't agree with his take on many things. I invited him here, and maybe even you.

Disagree with the logic please. Just resorting to name calling isn't going to make the debate more interesting.

If he's a bitter apostate, your words, not mine, then expose his arguments that would reflect that truth. Please, Rocky, you can do better than this.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #8
Cali Coug

Quote:
If I know you...refresh my memory. I honestly don't remember meeting you.

I have met a friend of yours working at CompHealth or someone who claimed to be one of your good friends. He posts under the name MaxPower and we went out for lunch one day.

Other than that I have NO idea who you are.

Oh...and using my first name like you're trying to be omnious....lol....doesn't bother me.

I know you don't think you know me. I won't tell you who I am because I think you would be tremendously embarrassed by things you have said. I am not trying to be "ominous." I am trying to urge you to realize that every time you post something stupid, it is being read by people who know you and it reflects poorly.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rhetorical questions.

It doesn't matter what the damn assumptions are in the financial projections. The church isn't writing a check to anybody for $2B, the max loss on a $2B real estate investment in downtown SLC is nothing close to $2B, and the church could afford to lose $2B anyway.

I have to assume you have gained enough experience to know this, and you're just being the typical ass you always are, taking every possible position to oppose the church and make fun of its members.

Is the church going to sell municipal bonds? hello ACLU. Dude check yourself.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #10
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You may not like him, but I do, even though I don't agree with his take on many things. I invited him here, and maybe even you.

Disagree with the logic please. Just resorting to name calling isn't going to make the debate more interesting.

If he's a bitter apostate, your words, not mine, then expose his arguments that would reflect that truth. Please, Rocky, you can do better than this.
I'm not concerned here with who likes him and who doesn't. I also invite you to get a set if you can't call him for what he really is.

I'd disagree with logic if there actually were any to disagree with. It's just him being a prick. You know it and I know it.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 10-04-2006 at 07:53 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote