cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #41
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Here is an article about Marmalade. I guess it's just a coincidence that the featured example is of a person who bought a boarded up house and renovated it. Just a coincidence. No, there is no gentrification going on in the Marmalade district.

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_7439427

No gay development, gentrification, economic issues going on here:

None here either.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7327645?source=rv

Sad that you live there and are so unaware of the issues.
Funny, this whole time I've been talking about MY neighborhood, the AVENUES. I've also pointed out numerous times that I don't live in the MARMALADE DISTRICT. I've even conceded that there might be gentrification going on in the MARMALADE but not in MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Funny that you can read so many posts and have no idea what they are about. Or maybe you knew all of this but couldn't find anything to indicate that there has been gentrification in the Aves so you instead played dumb.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #42
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
Now I don't have any idea what you're talking about. I don't live in Marmalade.
Just to clarify for you again.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #43
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
All these gentrification examples are a red herring. Just because you bring in shopping and eateries, create jobs, and increase the overall economic footprint by giving preference to locally-owned businesses, it doesnt mean you are adding value. Gays are NOT adding value in this neighborhood. Get your facts straight.
DDD, we have not addressed the overriding question here: why would a young man with a lot of wealth and fancy car and nice job and a love of nice things, who despises the idea of camping and spending time in the outdoors want to live in the Marmalade District if he is not......

No, I dare not go there. Too combustible.

LOL.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #44
K-dog

Quote:
I just read another article on the Marmalade district of SLC and their effort to define themselves as a "gayborhood." I'm intrigued by the effort to label and carve out districts that are predominantly homosexual. The 'Mos seem to be trying to create their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated. As someone living in one of the areas they are trying to control, I get really sick of their constant efforts to silence the opinions of others and impose on others lives.
Implicit in this, my original post, is the fact that I don't live in Marmalade but rather another district they are trying to control.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #45
K-dog

Quote:
How am I profiting from them? If I owned a house in a bad neighborhood and gay people were moving in I would be profiting from them. For example, if I owned a house in Marmalade, you would have an argument. In the Aves...you have no argument. It isn't more gay now than it was before I bought. Therefore, explain how I am profiting from gay people if they aren't increasing demand?
Previous time where I told you I don't live in Marmalade but rather, in the Aves.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #46
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
DDD, we have not addressed the overriding question here: why would a young man with a lot of wealth and fancy car and nice job and a love of nice things, who despises the idea of camping and spending time in the outdoors want to live in the Marmalade District if he is not......

No, I dare not go there. Too combustible.

LOL.
You're a daisy if you do.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #47
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Just to clarify for you again.
I guess you didn't read all the links.

http://qsaltlake.com/2004/7/feature.shtml

Though you want to believe your Avenues have been spared [spoken in hissing tones] "gay gentrification" it's just not true.

Just out of curiosity, is SLC the largest city you have lived in?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #48
K-dog

Quote:
I guess you didn't read all the links.

http://qsaltlake.com/2004/7/feature.shtml

Though you want to believe your Avenues have been spared [spoken in hissing tones] "gay gentrification" it's just not true.

Just out of curiosity, is SLC the largest city you have lived in?
You misread your own article. The article states that the Avenues were saved from becoming run down by the historical society and Avenues Council. It then proceeds to contrast that situation to the Capitol Hill situation (of which Marmalade is sometimes considered the poor step brother) and its gentrification.

Just out of curiosity, would it matter? As an answer, no. I've lived in Philadelphia, Oakland, and San Fransisco.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #49
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
You misread your own article. The article states that the Avenues were saved from becoming run down by the historical society and Avenues Council. It then proceeds to contrast that situation to the Capitol Hill situation (of which Marmalade is sometimes considered the poor step brother) and its gentrification.

Just out of curiosity, would it matter? As an answer, no. I've lived in Philadelphia, Oakland, and San Fransisco.
Aha.....let's see San Francisco bay area and The City of "Brotherly Love."

Another piece to the puzzle!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #50
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:

So let me get this straight--you aren't arguing that gay gentification exists. You aren't arguing that it isn't in fact happening in the neighborhoods literally a stones throw from you. Rather you are making the narrow argument that the neighborhood you live in, tightly circumscribed (no pun intended), is being populated by gays who are not gentrifying, who are not adding to property values, but who are in fact creating a climate of oppression for you.

Is this correct?