cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #21
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I just read another article on the Marmalade district of SLC and their effort to define themselves as a "gayborhood." I'm intrigued by the effort to label and carve out districts that are predominantly homosexual. The 'Mos seem to be trying to create their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated. As someone living in one of the areas they are trying to control, I get really sick of their constant efforts to silence the opinions of others and impose on others lives.
DDD and Mike, make sure you keep on topic and realize who brings up what in the posts. I'm talking about the homosexuals creating "their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated." Mike thinks homosexuals increase property values. I haven't seen that but I'm certain it isn't the case in my neighborhood...at least since I've been there. If you want to argue with me or make comments about my life or my car (DDD) at least read a little so I can understand your point without putting myself in the stupidest mindframe possible so I can use my empathic powers on your posts.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #22
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think gays in SLC are probably more accurately hostile to those that are hostile to them.

You claim persecution K-dog, but I don't believe it. Not for one lousy second.

I bet you anything I could buy your house (assuming that suddenly my salary quintuples of course, who can afford anything you can afford?) and after a year I would be very puzzled about this supposed persecution.
I don't claim persecution. I claim an effort to silence. For example, signs supporting candidates who don't have the proper "position" torn from my yard and thrown through my window.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I don't claim persecution. I claim an effort to silence. For example, signs supporting candidates who don't have the proper "position" torn from my yard and thrown through my window.
What about a brick through your window that says "Burn in Hell."

Listen, K Dog, if you insisit on organizing this dance, you are going to have to expect this kind of stuff.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #24
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Just like Lebowski's signs in the middle of Utah County?

What's your point?

I borrowed a car from a friend in SLC on my way to a BYU game in Provo. As I was driving in Provo, I noticed that many people were glaring at me when I was stopped. I thought maybe it was my imagination. And there are many legitimate reasons to glare at me. But later, I realized that the car I had borrowed had a bumper sticker opposing the anti-gay marriage amendment.

Were those folks in Provo trying to create an anti-gay-friendly zone?

It's a f&*#ing war, and you're upset that the guys who are outnumbered 100-1 want an enclave?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #25
TripletDaddy

Quote:
DDD and Mike, make sure you keep on topic and realize who brings up what in the posts. I'm talking about the homosexuals creating "their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated." Mike thinks homosexuals increase property values. I haven't seen that but I'm certain it isn't the case in my neighborhood...at least since I've been there. If you want to argue with me or make comments about my life or my car (DDD) at least read a little so I can understand your point without putting myself in the stupidest mindframe possible so I can use my empathic powers on your posts.
To K-Dog, Mike, and K-Dog's de-badged car:

I apologize to all 3 of you. My comments were rash and not on topic.

After re-reading the thread, I realize that what I meant to say is: one of you is a homophobe, one of you is a neophyte, and one of you sells for under $45K!

Your friend,

DDD

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #26
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
What about a brick through your window that says "Burn in Hell."

Listen, K Dog, if you insisit on organizing this dance, you are going to have to expect this kind of stuff.
Is your implication that because worse things happened to someone it negates the fact that they are acting inappropriately in creating a political environment that stifles free speech? If you're not, I don't know what you're trying to say with the dancing and brick stuff.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Just like Lebowski's signs in the middle of Utah County?

What's your point?

I borrowed a car from a friend in SLC on my way to a BYU game in Provo. As I was driving in Provo, I noticed that many people were glaring at me when I was stopped. I thought maybe it was my imagination. And there are many legitimate reasons to glare at me. But later, I realized that the car I had borrowed had a bumper sticker opposing the anti-gay marriage amendment.

Were those folks in Provo trying to create an anti-gay-friendly zone?

It's a f&*#ing war, and you're upset that the guys who are outnumbered 100-1 want an enclave?
Actually Mike, unlike you, I don't want it to be a fucking war. I want it to be a lot easier than that. People like you on both sides are the problem. Not people like me.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #28
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Actually Mike, unlike you, I don't want it to be a fucking war. I want it to be a lot easier than that. People like you on both sides are the problem. Not people like me.
You've extrapolated from one sign to an entire movement. Nice. What would happen if a Mexican kicked your dog? Or a black scraped your door in a parking lot?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #29
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Look, K-dog. The sooner you realize Mike takes the minority side of everything and then aggressively argues for it, often without knowing what he's talking about, the sooner you'll be happy here.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #30
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Is your implication that because worse things happened to someone it negates the fact that they are acting inappropriately in creating a political environment that stifles free speech? If you're not, I don't know what you're trying to say with the dancing and brick stuff.
My implication is this: Dont complain about being persecuted while living in a neighborhood called "Marmalade" UNLESS you have walked a mile in Kevin Bacon's shoes. If you think it is tough in SLC, try living down by the Lehi Rollermills.