cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 12-19-2006, 09:31 PM   #31
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I just find it difficult to make the leaps in logic you are making unless you're purposely trying to do so.

Besides, you've long ago left the realm of legitimate discussion on this issue.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
I just find it difficult to make the leaps in logic you are making unless you're purposely trying to do so.

Besides, you've long ago left the realm of legitimate discussion on this issue.
If you find it difficult then that's your problem.

I'm not making leaps in logic, but it's okay for you to think that.

I said I agree with the "rough way" Arpaio treats his prisoners. These guys are scum of the earth.

You took that to mean that I think he's a great guy when I never said that. You ASSUMED that by my opinion of his unique way he runs his jails that somehow correlates to me thinking he's a wonderful human being. The main reason I never voted for him when I lived down there is because I think he's extremely arrogant. But again, having said that...I like the Chain Gangs and Classical music he forces on his inmates. In reality they deserve much worse.

In reality we're talking about two different issues here. The Phoenix New Times has a long standing reputation of being liberally biased in not just some, but almost all of their reporting. Reporting that often takes half truths and twists them to fit their loathing of those in power.

You could write for them and fit right in. Actually Hoya is a better example for that than you.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 12-19-2006 at 09:50 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #33
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

So you're just attacking my position on Sheriff Arpaio for jollies?

I think based on your comments, everyone here took you for a supporter of Arpaio. Are you going back on that? What about the boardmail where you said you were right and I was wrong - what exactly were you right about, and what exactly was I wrong about?

How about Scott Norberg's death - are you ready to admit that the Phoenix New Times got the facts right on that one?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote