cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #41
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
There is no physical punishment for adultery in western nations nor in many Asian nations. That's not a crime, but a sin. Rape is a crime, adultery is not.

I don't believe the lack of corporeal punishment means there isn't any suffering and it's not for men to punish. That is very, very animalistic. It's veneal, and vile.

It is very neanderthalic to physically punish people for sins. It just is. That is vital difference between the rest of the world, all five billion and Islam. Islam loves physical punishment.

Christ, our teacher, abhored physical violence, so much so, when his disciple cut off the ear of a soldier, he healed the soldier and reprimanded his disciple. In Islam, the disciple would have cut the soldier's head off. That is the distinction.

You equate the lack of physical punishment with reward. There is no personal reward in doing evil, and escaping immediate physical punishment is not a reward. That is a huge distinction which apparently do not understand.
well, i guess i know the difference between sin and crime pretty well .

"crim is a sin which has leaked to the public "

wouldnot you agree on that?

I didnot use the word "rape" in here on purpose ,becuase of some complicated cases in which a privet out of love intimacy , ended up emerging baby singes and the man in complete denial.
so the girl would have to get the judiciary /court system invloved .

although they would need to gather indisputable /undeniable proofs to charge the man guilty .but almost all efforts would fail due to lack of evidences ..( a hidden camera could have helped) so the man gets free.

speaks volume..Islam doesnt penalize sinners ,only becuase they abuse themselves , unless they present this misbehavior to the public .
i cannot believe you are having difficulty to embrace this concept ..i actually think you have the very same law enforcement system too...i dontsee why you striving to prove it is a queer ,eccentric things to do .......

the only things you would need to confess for the sake of discussion is " you wouldnot mind to see people [ comitted sin in public=crime] owing to your extravagant indulgence system" !
but honestly i think that american government care about its people security and welfare ,particularly with all those cute little cameras everywhere .
there is a great story behind islamic reward and punishment philosophy ..which i doubt you appreciate it just now ..may be later.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #42
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two questions:

1. If Bruce R. McConkie were alive today, would he apologize to Catholics and say that he meant to say that Islam was really the Great and Abominable Church and the Whore of the Earth?

2. Would he be correct?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #43
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I have two questions:

1. If Bruce R. McConkie were alive today, would he apologize to Catholics and say that he meant to say that Islam was really the Great and Abominable Church and the Whore of the Earth?

2. Would he be correct?
BRM was wrong on many things; who knows a thing such as what you ask.

He should have lived fifty years earlier because he would not have been so out of place as he was.

A Great Satan presupposes noncorporeal spirits intervening in the affairs of human events. As I cannot see these noncorporeal spirits, it is difficult for me to opine on that which I do not see. Obviously modern Islam brings many sins upon humanity and to the extent a noncorporeal Spirit delights in our misdeeds, that spirit must take special delight in Islam's misdeeds.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #44
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
well, i guess i know the difference between sin and crime pretty well .

"crim is a sin which has leaked to the public "

wouldnot you agree on that?
I live in a secular society, with a secular government, so for me, crime is not related to sin, but to societal constraints.

For example, it may be a crime to speed on the road, but I don't view that as inherently a sin.

So, no I don't agree.

A crime is a violation of secular laws, sometimes related and sometimes unrelated to religious principles.

You are now dodging the issue.

It is embarrassing for a modern, educated woman, to admit that she delights in the corporeal punishment of humans for the violation of a religious principle. That is pure barbarism.

It is barbaric to kill another human, even if that person by persuasion diverts another from religious principles.

That, my Dear Lady, is pure barbarism and makes one an animal.

It is an offense to God and in this thing, God is offended.

Last edited by Archaea; 09-23-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #45
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I live in a secular society, with a secular government, so for me, crime is not related to sin, but to societal constraints.

For example, it may be a crime to speed on the road, but I don't view that as inherently a sin.

So, no I don't agree.

A crime is a violation of secular laws, sometimes related and sometimes unrelated to religious principles.

You are now dodging the issue.

It is embarrassing for a modern, educated woman, to admit that she delights in the corporeal punishment of humans for the violation of a religious principle. That is pure barbarism.

It is barbaric to kill another human, even if that person by persuasion diverts another from religious principles.

That, my Dear Lady, is pure barbarism and makes one an animal.

It is an offense to God and in this thing, God is offended.
well ,I also attentively prefer to have a secular government rather than a crappy religion ruling ..

you seem to have a problem undestanding sin process .
sin is consequence of soul and body corporation ,otherwise there wouldnot be any sin ...a wrong thought is never called a sin untill it comes into action via body .

so its actually body which operates what soul orders!

but this guilty body is still free of punishment as long as it is yet to penetrate to the public ,when it is going to target the society.

punishment like praise has significant psychosomatic influence..

"the pain and the intimidated reputation" ,both would let the wrong doer and the other people know that the society has serious concern over committing crimes..

in islamic theocracy , where you have got a religon which offers the program for the every day life .....even speeding on a road ,means you are violating what your religion has identified as "necessary" for the public order .. so every true believer would care not to speed up on roads , for the sake of thier and thier society 's safty ..

you would better stop being jealous of me for having a modern life and worthy practicing/rulling religion , with throwing out those nice words.

interestingly ,barbarianism ows its revival to the americans performance in the middle east and around the world !

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-24-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote