cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #31
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default There are no really hard and fast rules though

are there. Just odds.

For instance a frat brother of mine is Catholic. He married a really neat mormon girl from Cache valley. They have two really great kids.

My buddy never converted and his wife isn't real active. She worked her whole married life.

Both kids have college educations and are really great happily married kids. The kids went to church and one was baptized. She married an RM in the Temple.

That is just one family. I can point to Bishops and stay at home mom's who have kids no one would be proud of. I know bums (at least in lifestyle according to me) who have awesome kids.

That is why as an old fart I tend not to point fingers and tell people because of how they are raising their kids or careers, this is how things will end up.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

since we put our son in part-time daycare in order to give him more social opportunities, and since I have seen a lot of colleagues have their kids in daycare, and since I have seen a lot of crappy kids with a mother at home, I'm coming to the conclusion that a mother who stays at home is not the most important part of the equation.

If it was really that important, we would all be homeschooling until 12.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #33
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
since we put our son in part-time daycare in order to give him more social opportunities, and since I have seen a lot of colleagues have their kids in daycare, and since I have seen a lot of crappy kids with a mother at home, I'm coming to the conclusion that a mother who stays at home is not the most important part of the equation.
Isn't Britney Spears a stay-at home mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If it was really that important, we would all be homeschooling until 12.
I think not - unless you want numerous clones of me an' livecoug to infest the world.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote