cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

well you could say that no photographs may be taken in public places without the consent of those in the photos.

which would pretty much destroy photojournalism and a lot of photography. Imagine taking a picture of LES and having to get permission from every single person in the stands.

Oh you could carve out sports, ok, what else are you going to carve out? Photos for business promotion purposes? Photos for newspapers? Family snapshots?

What a mess.

We can't legislate this man away from us. Yes we are surrounded by all kinds of weird, deviant, even evil people. In this country the crime is the ACT not the THOUGHT.

You'll be better off when you understand this.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

So you're okay then with an admitted pedophile stalking your children?

You'd honestly think of what you perceive to be "His rights" BEFORE and as opposed to the safety of the children? What in the hell is so courageous about that?

If so..then all I have to is say...."Wow".

I don't believe an admitted pedophile has a right to be taking photos of your kids, my nieces, nephews,...anyone else's kids for the grafiticatino of other pedophiles around the world. You'll be better off when you understand what is the right thing to stand up for here. I think it's awfully twisted to use that as "right". I don't believe he has that "right". We're different in this regard.

I'm sorry,,but I don't view him doing that as "a right". If you do, then so be it.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 08-22-2007 at 09:08 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #33
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
So you're okay then with an admitted pedophile stalking your children?

You'd honestly think of what you perceive to be "His rights" BEFORE and as opposed to the safety of the children?

If so..then all I have to is say...."Wow".

I don't believe an admitted pedophile has a right to be taking photos of your kids, my nieces, nephews,...anyone else's kids for the grafiticatino of other pedophiles around the world. You'll be better off when you understand what is the right to stand up for here.

I'm sorry,,but I don't view him doing that as "a right". If you do, then so be it.
ok, please tell me in layman terms what your law will look like that will prevent this man from taking pictures at the park or any other public place.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #34
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
ok, please tell me in layman terms what your law will look like that will prevent this man from taking pictures at the park or any other public place.
You're trying to put this down as something just as simple as "a man taking pictures in a public place" when you damn well know this specific instance with this man is a lot more complicated than that.

You also have been avoiding my question: This is an ADMITTED pedophile...and he's taking pictures of small children and sharing them with other ADMITTED pedophiles around the whole world....and you believe this is his "right" to do so......therefore.....if he were doing this to YOUR children Mike.....does your view on his "right" suddenly change or do you put the safety of your children ahead of what you perceive to be his "right".

I'd like to think and believe that you'd put the safety of your children above his "right",,,but you haven't answered the question yet.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 08-22-2007 at 09:14 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote