cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 07-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #31
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
That is precisely legal thinking, to go after the deepest pockets you can find. The driver was probably judgment-proof (aka had no money) so they went after the corporate empire. Assume the driver was not in a UPS truck but was driving his own car; the lawyer would have gone after his auto insurance company for the maximum amount in his policy.
If the UPS driver was acting within the course and scoipe of his employment he would be able to pass through his liability to his employer. IOW, it was always UPS' obligation. If someone hires you to do somethign and in the course of doing it you injure someone else, the person hiring you is responsible for your actions.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I bet they don't want to reveal the net worth and explode the myth that the LDS Church has staggering wealth. I bet people might be surprised at how relatively modest the wealth is.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #33
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I bet they don't want to reveal the net worth and explode the myth that the LDS Church has staggering wealth. I bet people might be surprised at how relatively modest the wealth is.
I struggle to disagree with this statement except they could care less about the so called myth.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote