cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for the board members in their 40's or older

At what age, if it's happened yet, did you start to feel like your best days were behind you physically? I'm 37 and I am stronger than I've ever been in my life. I'm running again and am making pretty good gains after taking a few months off. In short, I feel like I still have some improvement and good days in front of me. However, I got a little down the other night thinking about how I'd feel 10 years from now. One thing that I have "going for me" is that I pretty much pissed away my 20's when it came to fitness. I spent age 20 on a mission, 21-27 finishing my undergrad and graduate work with little time made for fitness. So, perhaps I'm only feeling good about my 30's because I accomplished very little fitness wise in my 20's.

Have any of you ever reached a point where you realized there were certain standards that you'd never meet again? Do such realizations get you down or have you been able to focus on comparing with your peers etc..? At around what age can a man expect to realize that his best performances are behind him? Judging by some of the friends I've ridden and run with I think this age can be into one's 50's.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote