cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Platform strength shoes

borrowing some from a friend of mine. The kind of shoes that have a wide tall base below the ball of the foot. Your heels dangle in the air.

I ran around in them today in the gym. Shot a few buckets, jump shots, etc.

You can feel the burn in your feet and calves.

Anyone use these before? I need to figure out a good regimen.

Goal is to be able to easily grab rim (versus current straining to touch).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
borrowing some from a friend of mine. The kind of shoes that have a wide tall base below the ball of the foot. Your heels dangle in the air.

I ran around in them today in the gym. Shot a few buckets, jump shots, etc.

You can feel the burn in your feet and calves.

Anyone use these before? I need to figure out a good regimen.

Goal is to be able to easily grab rim (versus current straining to touch).
Never used the Strength shoes but have used Jump Soles which do the same thing but attach to any shoe. Just did light workouts with it. Didn't train too extensively with them though and saw minimal gains. I was always scared of twisting my ankle on them and never had the confidence to train seriously with them.

However, check out the Air Alert II program. I have done this program twice and I swear I gained 5" with it. I know volleyball players don't gain that much so my results were minimal compared to others who have done it. I've also puked twice from doing this program. Do it with full intensity and it can replace your cardio even though it takes just 20 minutes to do. I imagine you could even do the Air Alert program with Strength shoes. It's pretty inexpensive but I am sure you can find it somewhere online posted in its entirety. I have it on a back up drive in Utah that I would be willing to share if any of you like.http://www.airalert.com/airalert.html

One other thing you could look into are the BYU developed Springbak sole inserts. I didn't notice the results their data suggests but it can't hurt right? http://www.springbak.net/?gclid=CIuC...FRAHGgodaBtUNw

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote