cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why I find the GOP so frustrating

Because I am intelligent, highly educated, and well off.

GOP is increasingly the angry dumb people.

When I look into and listen to a GOP debate audience, my reaction is "WTF". Not kidding.

And you know what? I don't want a war with Iran. That issue by itself could conceivably tip me into doing the unthinkable: vote for Obama.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

That is precisely my issue as well. Watching the debates are frustrating because the candidates rarely answer any questions; instead they stand there and praise themselves with false statistics and unrelated issues that impress the viewer. They are aware that the overwhelming majority of voters don't understand the complexity of politics, like how the overwhelming majority of car owners only know how to add gasoline, inflate the tires and add motor oil, and are at the mercy of the mechanic being 'an honest, Christian man.' The worst was Michelle Bachmann who, no matter what she was asked, would stand there and say "I create jobs! I have a history of job growth!" over and over.

Last edited by ute4ever; 01-24-2012 at 04:20 PM.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

All of them, except maybe Paul, answered the war with Iran question incorrectly.

"Jim:

None of us want war. It's reprehensible. But that doesn't mean the US won't protect its interests.

However, beyond that, I won't commit myself to a specific course action because the hypothetical is incomplete.

If Iran sufficiently threatens our national interests, both here and across the region, we will take appropriate diplomatic and military action."

That's the proper answer.

But Romney and Gingrich have to prove they're "conservative" in order to show their bona fides to the angry white crowd electorate.

I agree that the political discourse is declining but disagree the GOP is worse than the Democrats.