cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Bloomberg debate

I suspect that Perry is cooked after the debate last night. Granted I know that not many people probably watched the debate (I had to google what channel it was, and then google where to find bloomberg tv on my satellite)....but Perry still seems vacuous, dumb, and unprepared.

How do you STILL not have an economic plan, except platitudes? I am dumbfounded that his strategy is "drill, baby, drill." If you are being pigeonholed as a dumb Texan without the brains to run things, you come up with more drilling as your plan? Huh? Who is advising him? Sarah Palin? T. Boone Pickens?

Romney looked to be his usual presidential self. In command of the issues, articulate, smart.

The thing that I don't get is Cain. Are we seriously going to trot out someone with his level of experience as the nominee? This really is the era of the actor as the player. He is a good communicator and has been able to translate that into poll support. Who's next? Glen Beck?

I think many in the country are wrapping their heads around the idea, very seriously now, that Romney will be the nominee. Who is the credible alternative? Cain? Are you kidding me? Really the other two grownups in the race are Huntsman and Gingrich, but neither has any traction.

Santorum is hilarious. He's like the little kid in school who is kinda dumb and ignored, so he starts fights just for intention. "I want to go to WAR with China."

There was also a moment in the debate where Rick Perry was trying to explain himself, and I seriously could not follow his thoughts at all. It's like he imagines that Americans want a Bush redux, except someone even dumber and less articulate.

Huntsman stole the 9-9-9 pizza joke from me. I've been making it for weeks. Bachmann looked kinda pretty in her get-up. I told my wife that I hope she looks that young when she is 55. But just to prove I wasn't sexist, I complained to my wife that women are unfairly judged for their looks when running for office.

Romney still has a corner to turn, if he is going to be POTUS. He needs people to get fired up in support of him, and that hasn't happened, even if he is the (weak) frontrunner.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Perry's explanation that he'd only been in the race 8 weeks was priceless. Dude, this is a debate on economics. As in, that was the only topic. Why did you show up if your plan isn't ready?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote