cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let's take stock on the Tuesday before South Carolina

I only watched the first part of the debate. I was too busy last night watching episode 2 of season 2 of Downton Abbey (we must have our priorities).

Frankly, Romney floundered. He knew what the attacks were going to be, yet his responses were not particularly spirited.

I saw the reports that Gingrich did a great job with the usual red meat and the audience went wild.

But does that translate into the needle moving? Perry's good performance also helps neither Gingrich nor Santorum.

It's getting to the point, where even I am getting sick of the debates. The same crap over and over. It's boring. I've watched most of them. The last thing in the world I would want is "a series of three hour Lincoln-Douglas debates" as Gingrich is so fond of proposing.

The thing is, with so much super-PAC money flowing through SC, it's hard to know what effect they are having. We know what the national media are saying. We can watch the debates. But we aren't sitting in SC seeing the ads and the signs and all that.

In some ways, I think Romney could become a better nominee if the process were extended past South Carolina. Or even past Florida. I don't have the impression that Romney's rough corners are yet rounded off.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote