cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ron Paul's new ad on Santorum

One thing I really like about Ron Paul is that he is beholden to no one. He isn't worried about upsetting special interest groups or corporate backers. He doesn't care about burning bridges with people in power. He'll say any damn thing he pleases.

And he has money. Lots of it. Not from the fat cats. But mostly from small donors who fervently believe in what he stands for.

Hell of a thing.

And now he is going after Santorum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5Aohgrn1peA

Paul knows he is not going to win. But he is banking on being a kingmaker, and thus forcing the GOP to accept some of his planks. The current situation is almost like an alliance has formed between Romney and Paul. I don't think Paul feels beholden to Romney in anyway, but for whatever reason the Paulbots have decided it's not in their interest to slam Romney like they are slamming Gingrich and Santorum.

What I think they want (having just given this the last 5 seconds of my brain computing time), is that Paul would really like Romney to wrap things up, which would totally drain out all money from the other candidates (Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, etc.). And then Paul becomes really the only other guy on the ballot against Romney, and becomes the de fact protest vote. "Don't like Romney, vote for Paul!" And it sets up a situation almost like Bush vs. Buchanan, except that it isn't a re-election for Romney. Paul doesn't think that he can beat Romney, just that he can then capture a very sizable number of delegates and have a huge influence. Paul is going to try and beat back everyone as quickly as possible so that there are only two left: he and Romney.

Bingo, you heard it here first.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul's new ad on Huntsman (racist?)

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/il...inoisreview%29
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul has a super pac? Wow.