cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks to BG for the applesauce

Thanks to BG for the applesauce on waffles with peanut butter suggestion. Sounded gross at the time, but the peanut butter thread from last week has sent me in a tailspin craving waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup. I've been trying to cut out some calories, nothing crazy but just some moderate changes. I've got the Chandler from Friends syndrome where fat goes straight to my face, so I notice small flunctuations, and it's been nice seeing some lbs fall off. So I traded out my maple syrup for applesauce and it was actually pretty decent. I've had it probably four times in the last couple weeks.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I love applesauce on waffles, pancakes, and wheat toast. But the thought of peanut butter and applesauce on waffles is not appealing.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I also tried that, but could barely taste the peanut butter because of the strong flavor of the applesauce. I've been meaning to try it again with more PB and less AS.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Thanks to BG for the applesauce on waffles with peanut butter suggestion. Sounded gross at the time, but the peanut butter thread from last week has sent me in a tailspin craving waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup. I've been trying to cut out some calories, nothing crazy but just some moderate changes. I've got the Chandler from Friends syndrome where fat goes straight to my face, so I notice small flunctuations, and it's been nice seeing some lbs fall off. So I traded out my maple syrup for applesauce and it was actually pretty decent. I've had it probably four times in the last couple weeks.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
I love applesauce on waffles, pancakes, and wheat toast. But the thought of peanut butter and applesauce on waffles is not appealing.
Yeah, the applesauce alone is good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I also tried that, but could barely taste the peanut butter because of the strong flavor of the applesauce. I've been meaning to try it again with more PB and less AS.
Natural applesauce works better because it doesn't have the "bite" of the corn syrup, but honestly, I don't imagine many people liking the combo anyway. Jay must either have kooky taste like me or he's just being nice.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote