cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default France

Boy, those French sure are dumb, huh? Cheese-eating surrender monkeys and all that. And how long before their growing population of young, unemployed Muslims causes a major problem?

I'll bet they don't last to the end of the century.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that is THE reason they didn't lift a finger in this latest round of crises in Iraq/Afghanistan.

I think they feared their own safety within their own boarders. If they went to war, I think they were thinking about some major civil strifes within their own boarders.

Personally, I think that is a very real strategy from a Muslim point of view. De-stabilize countries by immigration vs. a head on clash of war.

You will notice that most of the immigrants do not relinquish their ties to the mother-land, so to speak, but cling to traditions, and do not become absorbed into local cultures, but cling to their own.

Thus, unrest, and willing volunteers for assistance can be called upon by the mother-country when times of strife arise.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
I think that is THE reason they didn't lift a finger in this latest round of crises in Iraq/Afghanistan.
There's no question this was of great concern to the French. They have a HUGE Muslim problem on their hands ... one that makes our Mexican problem look like child's play.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm surprised no one else has weighed in on this issue. The large Muslim population in France may very well affect the nation's history for years to come.

Combine that with the extremely low birthrate of native French, they're looking at becoming predominantly Muslim in a very short time.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

By no one weighing in on this do you mean here in this forum? It is certainly well-discussed in the popular press and is a sort of undercurrent of non-immigrant French affairs. I suspect Myboynoah could provide some more insight into this issue, but it is an issue of large concern to many French who, despite their fondness for both dark and light wines and cheeses, remain surprisingly racist in their behaviors.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post

I think they feared their own safety within their own boarders. If they went to war, I think they were thinking about some major civil strifes within their own boarders.

Personally, I think that is a very real strategy from a Muslim point of view. De-stabilize countries by immigration vs. a head on clash of war.

You will notice that most of the immigrants do not relinquish their ties to the mother-land, so to speak, but cling to traditions, and do not become absorbed into local cultures, but cling to their own.

Thus, unrest, and willing volunteers for assistance can be called upon by the mother-country when times of strife arise.
they DID offer troops for Afghanistan.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default French troops are a key

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
they DID offer troops for Afghanistan.

part of the peace-keeping force in Lebanon.

Aside from Iraq the U.S. and France cooperate pretty well on security and intelligence matters, especially in North and Eastern Africa.

But why are we talking about France? I thought their economy was destroyed by Bill O'Reilly's boycott France movement.
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
part of the peace-keeping force in Lebanon.

Aside from Iraq the U.S. and France cooperate pretty well on security and intelligence matters, especially in North and Eastern Africa.

But why are we talking about France? I thought their economy was destroyed by Bill O'Reilly's boycott France movement.
I was just wondering how France was doing as I was eating my Freedom fries not too long ago. Goes great with Liberty toast.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not just France, it's all of Western Europe. I lived in Holland and Belgium 15 years ago (wow, I'm getting old) and I could see the problems beginning then.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote