cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 AM   #101
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
If you knew where he was, why wouldn't you use something smaller, like a grenade?

What sense does it make to wipe out millions to get one person when you could wipe out only that one person and preserve the millions?

There are lots of ways to intimidate the opposition that don't involve nuclear weapons.
I would use a nuke to make sure I got him. I've got assume I couldn't get close enough to do it with a grenade. Okay, a nuke would be overkill, but I wouldn't have a problem with a big conventional bomb with collateral damage.

As far as intimidating the opposition, what do you suggest? I've never heard of anything that actually works.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #102
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If you were to come into my home, I would do all I could to kill you in any way I could.

There was one man on the VT campus that sacrificed himself in order to save the students in his classroom. Had he not stood up to the student with the gun, there would have been more than 31 casualties.
I'm just glad that I didn't for more than a few hours have to bear the stigma of authoring the most arrogant message in the history of this board. And my record smashed to smithereens in the very self-same thread! If Il Padrino has never been shot at while putting his life on the line for others what jaw dropping hubris to put himself on a higher moral plain than 31 of the slain at Virginia Tech. I'm thoroughly disgusted. He owes a huge debt to Waters for the civics and moral lesson he received from him tonight. Pearls before swine, I venture.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:26 AM   #103
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Honey- cancel our dinner appointment with Il Padrino!!!

Yes- one man was very brave. And we honor him and applaude his sacrifice. But do we do so while simultaneously claiming that the other 30 dead deserved to die for fleeing?
Dang, I was going to serve ribs with my marinade recipe.

I see a difference between what happened at VT and what's going on in Iraq. At VT, the victims who were killed had no idea that there was a man on campus who was going to come into their dorm or classroom to kill them.

The Iraqis know that there are terrorists there.

Look, I don't have absolutely no sympathy for the innocent citizens in Iraq. I just don't understand why they wouldn't want to fight for freedom. They were under the tyranny of Saddam and will be under the tyranny of the terrorists until they defend themselves.

I will, however, admit that I don't understand their plight because I live here where freedom is already established. I'm just not willing to give that up.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #104
BlueHair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Japan is a strange situation.

The Japanese love us. They consider Americans as their saviors in some respects.

I don't expect that many other cultures would have the same reaction to our nuking their cities.
Nukes:1, Conventional warfare with a faceless enemy: 0

We don't have a big enough sample size yet for a true study, but it appear that nukes work. At least they've worked 100% of the time so far. I say let's give them one more try just to test the theory.

Last edited by BlueHair; 04-27-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #105
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm just glad that I didn't for more than a few hours have to bear the stigma of authoring the most arrogant message in the history of this board. And my record smashed to smithereens in the very self-same thread! If Il Padrino has never been shot at while putting his life on the line for others what jaw dropping hubris to put himself on a higher moral plain than 31 of the slain at Virginia Tech. I'm thoroughly disgusted. He owes a huge debt to Waters for the civics and moral lesson he received from him tonight. Pearls before swine, I venture.
I think the professor at VT was a hero and should be recognized as such.

The other victims were absolutely unaware of what was going on when it happened.

Perhaps I'm not smart enough to understand what you're saying.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #106
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
You missed it; it went over your head.
I did miss it, but thought you were talking about Oppenheimer.

My mistake.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #107
BlueHair

Quote:
If you were on campus and knew that this dude was planning a killing, would you do something about it? I don't think the VT incident is a fair comparison with Iraq, because we're talking about Iraqis with the knowledge of the bad intentions of certain people living among them. To make the comparison fair, you would have to give the students knowledge of the killers intentions. I guarantee he wouldn't have killed anyone because any decent person with knowledge of murders about to happen, would have notified the proper authorities. He would have been stopped before he could have gotten started. Still not a great comparison, but closer than what was presented previously.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #108
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Waters brilliant! On a freaking roll!
This really ought to give you some pause Waters.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #109
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Dang, I was going to serve ribs with my marinade recipe.

I see a difference between what happened at VT and what's going on in Iraq. At VT, the victims who were killed had no idea that there was a man on campus who was going to come into their dorm or classroom to kill them.

The Iraqis know that there are terrorists there.

Look, I don't have absolutely no sympathy for the innocent citizens in Iraq. I just don't understand why they wouldn't want to fight for freedom. They were under the tyranny of Saddam and will be under the tyranny of the terrorists until they defend themselves.

I will, however, admit that I don't understand their plight because I live here where freedom is already established. I'm just not willing to give that up.
You didn't say you are serving ribs!!! That may be worth the risk of being shot as we enter your door.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #110
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You missed it; it went over your head.
Nothing you say goes over anyone's head, Seattle. More like below the belt.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote