cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Archaea loves hot springs and poo.

I was reading this article about germs.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...1-ArticlePage1

As I was reading, I came across a description of Archaea. Now this is lucky, because the article had previously suggested that humans have been EVOLVING for MILLIONS of years. For me, that is usually a nonstarter, since every good LDS knows that the earth is only a few thousand years old, and humans didn't evolve. But the article tantelized me with this fact -- fifty percent of human poo, and sometimes much more, is intestinal BACTERIA. I had to read on. The scientists collected some poo from some donors (how do I become a poo donor? I would do that job in a heart beat. Lord knows I have plenty to spare), and began to study the poo. Here is what they found:

"They also found a surprising number of Archaea, also known as archaebacteria, which are genetically distinct from bacteria but which are also one-celled organisms often found in extreme environments such as hot springs."

A one-celled organism that likes poo and hotsprings... does that not describe a lawyer living in Las Vegas?

Last edited by Robin; 06-02-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That could explain why he thinks so much of the world is filled with crap...

Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

There a reason you felt the need to post this?

This is a personal attack; nothing more, nothing less. And not just at Archaea-- I didn't miss the jab at LDS people, either, many of whom do not necessarily believe either of the things you claim "every good LDS knows."

I guess the third honeymoon's over, huh?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American

This is a personal attack; nothing more, nothing less. And not just at Archaea-- I didn't miss the jab at LDS people, either, many of whom do not necessarily believe either of the things you claim "every good LDS knows."

I thought the entire thing was so over-the-top TIC that no one would take it the wrong way.

No offense to anyone intended. It was supposed to be a big fat joke. No offense to big fat people.

Sorry Archaea. Hope you took that as the silliness it was intended to be. Sorry all Mormons. I know that many of you believe in evolution and that the earth is more than a few thousand years old.

Mea culpa. Mea culpa.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American

Oh geez...relax already. It seemed very TIC to me.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense received.

I'm not a fan of creation ex nihilo, but will not denigrate those who believe such.

I don't claim to know how the world started, only that current views and evidence support various series of evolutions.

I will accept God is the father of our spirits, and somehow we came to earth; other than that I plead ignorance except to state, we're here and we have some control over our future destiny.

Again, my skin is much thicker than that.