cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 04:52 AM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
If we agree that the Palestinians' way out of their predicament and misery is a BILATERAL peace agreement between Israel and the war mongers on the Palestinians' side, why are you and JC calling it apartheid? "Apartheid" presupposes that the situation is under Israel's total control.
Because the Palestinians have no negotiating power. They are at the table with 1 chip, and the other guy across the table has 1 million chips. The Palestinians keep losing their 1 chip in hands, and Israel hands them them the chip back and tries to take credit for their magnanimousness.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:04 AM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Because the Palestinians have no negotiating power. They are at the table with 1 chip, and the other guy across the table has 1 million chips. The Palestinians keep losing their 1 chip in hands, and Israel hands them them the chip back and tries to take credit for their magnanimousness.
What complete horseshit.

http://www.adl.org/israel/advocacy/h...ss.asp?xflag=1

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Accurate: the settlements are expanding today. They expanded yesterday. They expanded the day before that, and so forth. They will expand tomorrow and indefinitely into the future, under the approving gaze of President Bush.

That's ABSOLUTE evidence that Israel is not interested in peace.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #24
SeattleUte

Quote:
Accurate: the settlements are expanding today. They expanded yesterday. They expanded the day before that, and so forth. They will expand tomorrow and indefinitely into the future, under the approving gaze of President Bush.

That's ABSOLUTE evidence that Israel is not interested in peace.
Did you mean to say Israel is not interested in negotiating with Hamas, as the Palestinians have said it must? I agree.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 05:28 AM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Did you mean to say Israel is not interested in negotiating with Hamas, as the Palestinians have said it must? I agree.
I think it's funny you pretend to beat yourself up so much about teaching blacks and the priesthood.

That same part of you still exists. The part of you that preaches things that just aren't true or right.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #26
SeattleUte

Quote:
I think it's funny you pretend to beat yourself up so much about teaching blacks and the priesthood.

That same part of you still exists. The part of you that preaches things that just aren't true or right.
You have the audacity to say this immediately after explicitly taking the position that absense of a peace agreement is 100% Israel's fault (which, I do give you credit for admitting, is a necessary predicate for calling Israel a purveyor of apartheid). I don't know what to call such a dogmatic and one-sided anti-Israeli position other than Jew hatred.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #27
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If we agree that the Palestinians' way out of their predicament and misery is a BILATERAL peace agreement between Israel and the war mongers on the Palestinians' side, why are you and JC calling it apartheid? "Apartheid" presupposes that the situation is under Israel's total control.
Ah... I see. The Israeli's can't be blamed for building settlements in occupied land, stealing farm land, and stealing water. It's out of their control!!

I give up.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #28
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Ah... I see. The Israeli's can't be blamed for building settlements in occupied land, stealing farm land, and stealing water. It's out of their control!!

I give up.
"Stealing?" They won it in the Six Day War started by Palestinians and their allies, trying to destroy Israel. But Israel is willing to part with it in accordance with a peace agreement a la Camp David.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 AM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I give up.
When he splits with the Zionists, it's going to be ugly. He will probably make his life a mission to attack Judaism. That's his life's pattern. Hurt all the Jews around him, let them all down.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #30
SeattleUte

Quote:
When he splits with the Zionists, it's going to be ugly. He will probably make his life a mission to attack Judaism. That's his life's pattern. Hurt all the Jews around him, let them all down.
What irony that you forgive Hamas and Hezbollah cold blooded murder of children, cart blanche, but harp against your own purported faith on MMM ad nauseum.

—Paul Auster