cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #31
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rocky and Fuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Some of the comments from an otherwise disinterested observer is some of the comments from both sides sound petty, a little bit akin to a henhouse.
That is one of the first times I have seen a person on an internet message board use the word "disinterested" correctly. Kudos Archaea.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:25 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I respect your opinion outlier, but in re-inforces my thought that I'm simply being denied because you believe I'm not as deep a thinker or have any valid points simply based on my conservative beliefs.

I'm not a drone/clone.

I respect your point of view, even if you do not mine nor the way I express it.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #33
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Conservative viewpoints have nothing to do with it. There are plenty of conservative individuals who are regular contributors to this site.

Its all about presentation, man. Present your viewpoint in a tactful, intelligent manner and people are going to respect you for it, despite whether or not they agree with you. Name calling is the point that many are trying to make.

To imply that everyone that contributes to this message board is a liberal, exclusionary elitist is a mistake and is highly inaccurate in my opinion.

Most just like to discuss some of the "tougher issues" without being deleted, censored, moderated or otherwise called a troll, prick, SOB, etc....
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #34
RockyBalboa

Thanks for the input BG.

I agree I was too aggressive with jumping on some in the past in regards to calling them a troll.

I'm trying to excise that word out of my vocabulary.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 AM   #35
jwf

jwf
Default Troll

tic, I like you mesa. I don't think you are some robot that can't think for himself. I just love it when people call other's that. The only few times I have had a problem with you as when you mention living in utah county and one other time I can't remember at this time. But like you, I also believed fusnik was always trolling on cougarboard.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #36
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
I respect your opinion outlier, but in re-inforces my thought that I'm simply being denied because you believe I'm not as deep a thinker or have any valid points simply based on my conservative beliefs.
But you don't seem to be catching onto the point and the crux of the problem that people seem to have with you. You're making an assertion and providing no evidence to support it. Maybe you ARE being discriminated against by a cadre of satan-worshipping Dems -- provide some examples and let's look at the situation. Show us the rationale behind your assertion.

Unequivocally, I have no problem with anyone's politics. As mentioned in my previous post, it comes down to demonstrated capacity for engaging, well-founded, potentially enlightening conversation (or lackthereof). I wouldn't care if you agreed with me on 100% of all issues -- if you couldn't support it with evidence, objective reasoning, and rational thought, I would remain utterly unimpressed and uninterested.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:35 PM   #37
RockyBalboa

I take umbrage with your arrogant condescending manner in which you say I can't and don't express myself.

Just because I disagree with what you're saying, doesn't mean that I don't GET what you're saying.

You'll probably disagree with this, but the tone with which you say you don't like about me on Cougarboard, well you've taken a very condescending tone with me in return, which I find ironic.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #38
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I take umbrage with your arrogant condescending manner in which you say I can't and don't express myself.
Not to change the subject, but that reminds me of a funny story. About 7 years ago I had an annual performance review for my job. My supervisor was one those guys that was a supervisor only because he lacked the skills to do any other job.

So we're doing the review and he hands me a sheet of paper containing the formal evaluation. The evaluation contains the following statement:

"Non Sequitur is a valued employee and an extremely hard worker. He gets along well with others, but at times can be a bit condesending."

So I say to him, "Excuse me, but I believe you spelled condescending wrong."

I thought it was pretty funny, but he didn't seem to think so.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #39
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
Quote:
Not to change the subject, but that reminds me of a funny story. About 7 years ago I had an annual performance review for my job. My supervisor was one those guys that was a supervisor only because he lacked the skills to do any other job.

So we're doing the review and he hands me a sheet of paper containing the formal evaluation. The evaluation contains the following statement:

"Non Sequitur is a valued employee and an extremely hard worker. He gets along well with others, but at times can be a bit condesending."

So I say to him, "Excuse me, but I believe you spelled condescending wrong."

I thought it was pretty funny, but he didn't seem to think so.
LOL. That's hilarious.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #40
RockyBalboa

:lol: Being a former spelling bee champ myself...ahh the days of Junior High, I find that funny.