cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #21
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I was married to Tiger Woods.

That was after I divorced Brad Pitt and before I started seeing Ben Affleck.
The alimony you receive must put you in an entirely different tax bracket.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #22
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Lived down the street from Dan Fouts in San Diego when he was still playing for the Chargers. He was pretty much a hermit during the season but during the offseason he would come out and throw around with the neighborhood kids on his lawn.

My dad lives next door to Matt Harpring.

I met Mark Eaton when they used to have the Rocky Mountain Review at East High School in Salt Lake City. I was changing in my locker and he was also in the locker room - man that dude was tall!

Gordon B. Hinckley shook my hand at seminary graduation and gave me my diploma. That's because I went to high school with his granddaughter. I wonder if he used the Spirit of Discernment to know that I cheated my way through seminary?
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Pic of Tiger woods on the Green River holding the first fish he ever caught (Note: the print was altered to fit a frame that hangs on the wall of my oldest boy's bedroom):

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:30 AM   #24
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Nice. I'll have to find a copy of my wedding pic.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #25
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I wonder if he used the Spirit of Discernment to know that I cheated my way through seminary?
How do you cheat your way through seminary? Not memorize Mat 5:14-16 but say you did?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #26
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I met Clyde Drexler Jerome Kersey and Sam Bowie back when I was 15 at the locker room door after a Blazers game. Most of the team signed my cast, but those are the only 2 names I can remember. Jerome Kersey gave me his wristband. My how times have changed. You can't get near a locker room any more.

I was on the same flight as the great actor Patrick Duffy of "Dallas" fame. That was an incredible honor.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #27
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i have had a lot of run ins with Professional Athletes, not many Hollywood celebs but tons of athletes.

The Whole San Francisco Giants team from 1988-1993, The whole Texas Rangers team from 1993-1997.

The Whole Oakland A's team from about 1989-1994.
The WHole Oakland Raiders team in the same time frame.

My uncle is a security guard for the Colliseum so i would get to be in the locker room and hang out with all of the raiders and A's players all the time.

The Giants my best friend Eddie growing up his uncle is Craig Lefferts that pitched for SF and Texas. Donnell Nixon of the Giants had the biggest penis i have ever seen.

Juan Gonzalez is a total douche bag, and I really think Jose Canseco smoked weed during the games.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #28
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
How do you cheat your way through seminary? Not memorize Mat 5:14-16 but say you did?
Nope - you steal the Instructors Manual for the home-study course and then spend two days copying all the answers. Viola! A year's worth of seminary credit in two days!

I had to do it - if I didn't get seminary credit my dad wouldn't let me drive the car. I suppose I should have done my homestudy seminary regularly throughout the year but, well, I was seventeen.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #29
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
Nope - you steal the Instructors Manual for the home-study course and then spend two days copying all the answers. Viola! A year's worth of seminary credit in two days!

I had to do it - if I didn't get seminary credit my dad wouldn't let me drive the car. I suppose I should have done my homestudy seminary regularly throughout the year but, well, I was seventeen.
I did the same thing but without the manual. I don't think he read many of my answers because I really wasn't trying. I did most of it the night before.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #30
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I did the same thing but without the manual. I don't think he read many of my answers because I really wasn't trying. I did most of it the night before.
It seems that there are a number of us who almost didn't graduate seminary.

The seminary principal - or whatever they call the guy who runs it - at my high school was a friend of my parents. I think he allowed my graduation because of his friendship with my parents, as I did absolutely none of the make-up work.

Now, a question for the board: How many of you, like I did, blew off seminary graduation exercises? IIRC, mine was scheduled at about 8:00 AM on a Saturday. I decided that sleeping in was a higher priority.

My oldest will be in 9th grade next year. When my parents asked if I was going to sign her up for seminary, I gave them what seemed to be answer that had never once crossed their minds - "That's her choice."