cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

My list:

Pretty much anybody associated with BYU football, ie coaching staff, AD's office, etc. I have spoken with almost all of them on a personal level. However there are a few that have 'cooler' connections than just being part of my old 'job perks'...

Steve Young sat next to my dad on a flight to and from San Jose, and they talked and became good friends for a while. One day when I was like 11, Steve called my dad at home, and I happened to answer the phone. I was shocked when I realized I was talking to Steve Young. He hooked us up with 49ers tickets a few times, and was a really nice guy the few times I met him.

My aunt dated Robbie Bosco while at BYU. He came up and I swam with him at my grandpa's pool when I was like 4. Too young to remember much else though.

My other aunt turned down Bronco Mendenhall when he asked her to be his girlfriend in High School (or Junior High) I believe.

My Uncle played JV on the 1987 or 1988 BYU Basketball team (the one that was really good and ranked #2) so I got to meet most of those players, which was pretty cool.

My step aunt is/was married to Robert Anae's brother.

I've seen Tony Danza and Joan Rivers skiing at Deer Valley.

My dad broke up the fight between Larry H. Miller and a few Denver fans at the Delta Center in the playoffs probably 10 years ago. He was on the front page of the Newspaper and on Sportscenter on ESPN. So that was kinda cool.

Not great, but it works, I guess.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Jose Canseco
Emmanual Lewis (Webster)
Gwenyth Paltrow, Jeanne Tripplehorn and the entire case of Sliding Doors
Matthew Perry
Steve Young
Julie Cialani, 1995 Playmate of the Year (twice)
Ronnie Lott
Roger Craig
Tony Dorsett
Mark Eaton
Lavell Edwards
Ron McBride
Urban Meyer
Magic Johnson
Michael McLane
Neil A. Maxwell
David B. Haight
Roger G. Scott
Sheri L. Dew
Several B-list actors whose faces you would probably recognize but not their names, Victor Garber for example

And I don't think I've told this board the story of how I sat next to Alex Smith during Spring semester 2003, during our Sociology in Sports class. He was third string then, and I stopped sitting with him after a month because I thought he was such a geek.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see:

Mark Eaton: went on a snorkelling cruise off of Kauai together.

Robert Redofrd: sat next to him (years ago but after he opened sundance) eating lunch on the slpoes at Alta. Couldn't believe he was at Alta when he owns his own stinkin' resort but am certain it was him.

Prince: Bike path in Marina Del Ray surrounded by 4 bodyguards

The kid who was the "have a nother nutter butter peanut butter sandwich coiokie" commercial kid and who starred in a few disney movies (escape to witch mountain, etc.) was my roomate for a while in Los Angeles in college.

There are more but, really, who cares?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 AM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Muhammad Ali
Jennifer Aniston - Chain smoker
Kevin Nash - Pro Wrestler
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Phil Mickelson - Wears about a C cup
Cotton Fitzsimmons - One of the nicer people I've met,,rest his soul
Sylvester Stallone - Very short...maybe 5'8
Courtney Cox
Diane Lane - VERY HOT up close in person
Nicolas Cage - VERY weird...or at least seemed to be paranoid of people.
Karl Malone - Paid for my groceries.
Dr. J - Thrill of my life. He was my very favorite ballplayer growing up.

There are many more. Most of them I met while working at a Charity Function at the Scottsdale Princess Resort.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #15
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Taye Diggs - was at a Summer Jam concert and he was in the crowd next to me.

Danny Ainge - took a picture with him at the Rocky Mountain Review a few years back.

Jon Paxson - ditto.

Kirk Heinrich -ditto.

Bill Cartwright - ditto.

Tex Winters - ditto.

Rex Chapman - ditto.

Russell M. Nelson - had dinner at my house in Shanghai.

Gary Coleman - in the food court in the South Towne mall in Sandy. No lie.

Wilber Pan - the Chinese Justin Timberlake. Went to high school with him and played basketball with him.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #16
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Yitzhak Rabin- I was a Senate page in 1995 when he came to meet w/ President Clinton.

Melanie Griffith- She came to the Senate to lobby for some hippie-type legislation.

Most of the Senate in the past ten years. Of all the Senator's I've met, John Kerry is by far and away the biggest prick.

The girl from My Two Dads and Step by Step- She was learning how to snowboard at Snowbird at the height of her popularity. She took her picture with me.

Tom Cruise- I was a line chef at Deer Valley and he waved a hearty hello to the crew.

Karl Malone- I met him at a political fundraiser a few years ago. He was quite friendly and a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for. Serious.

Steve Garvey- He threw a political fundraiser and even helped us prepare the invitation envelopes. He was really friendly and is a full-fledged Utahn. He had a lot of great stories.

Mr. Mac- He administered my sealing for me and my wife.

Olden Polynice- Completely uncool.

Spiro Agnew- Seemed friendly enough.

Super Dell- Nutjob.

Muhammed Ali- He didn't say a word to me. He just came up to me, smiled and messed up my hair, then walked away.

Hot Rod Hundley- Somebody was smoking nearby and I was afraid that HotRod would burst into flames. He was plastered at 4 in the afternoon.

Rita Cosby- A lot better looking in person. I'm not kidding. The camera easily puts on 20 lbs for her. I would be surprised if she weighed over 110.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:53 AM   #17
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Mr. Mac- He administered my sealing for me and my wife.
Did he throw in a nice 2 pant suit as well with it?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #18
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen Steve Young and Danny Ainge naked in the showers at BYU. I played hoops with Steve Young several times at the Field House.

I also got John Stockton out in a game of elimination (or speed) when he came to our basketball camp and my brother got Karl Malone out. (I am not sure whether they were really trying).

I talked with Shelly from Nothern Exposure at a barbeque in Mississippi.

I did the first college interview for Maurice Williams and Gerald Wallace. I shot hoops with Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller.

My wife's uncle is Dick Motta, former NBA( and more importantly, Weber State) head coach and Hall of Famer.

ANd I sold crack to Tyrone Biggums.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I too, have met Dick Motta. I helped him arrainge the funeral for his father.

I've met Mark O'Meara at the funeral of my brother-in-law's father. His dad owned a fly shop in SLC and O'Meara was one of his customers. Because of that connection, I've been fly fishing with O'Meara and Tiger Woods.

Met Bill Murray at the old Derks Field when he was a part owner of the Trappers. He was at the game when the Trappers broke the record for longest winning streak in professional baseball. I bought him a hot dog and he bought me a Coke.

When I was 10, I ran into Clint Eastwood on a bicycle when my cousin and I were racing down the main street of Kanab on the way to see the movie site for Clintwood's latest film.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 AM   #20
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post

I've met Mark O'Meara at the funeral of my brother-in-law's father. His dad owned a fly shop in SLC and O'Meara was one of his customers. Because of that connection, I've been fly fishing with O'Meara and Tiger Woods.
I was married to Tiger Woods.

That was after I divorced Brad Pitt and before I started seeing Ben Affleck.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote