cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 AM   #11
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

I like that a few say the reason for the loan is breast augmentation. I'm going to make my petition for goiter removal. I'll post a pic from the Seinfeld episode.

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat
Default Problem is they are unsecured loans

Aside from that, this is not unlike the trust deed loans. They are basically like a second mortgage, but they are funded by individual lenders. Say Joe Blow's credit score is too low to qualify for a traditional home equity loan for home improvements. Joe can instead borrow money from Jack (thru a firm that handles all administration) at a higher rate than a regular HEL would cost. The loan is secured by Joe's title on his house. If Joe defaults, Jack gets Joe's house. During the course of the loan (typicall 3 years) Jack gets a monthly interest payment, and at the end of 3 years, Jack gets all the principle back.

This site is the same principle, those that can't get loans thru normal means get loans from individuals, at higher rates. No way in hell I loan money to a stranger though, unsecured.

Last edited by NorCal Cat; 10-23-2007 at 11:03 PM.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
I repeat, has anyone used www.Prosper.com? It looks completely safe to give my money to complete strangers with piss-poor credit ratings, but I want to know if something should deter me from 24% returns.
Prosper.com is rad.

After I closed out my 12dailypro and Stormpay accounts, I went straight over to prosper.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote