cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
That was so ridiculously funny, If that convinces people to vote no on the last day, they shouldn't be voting.

As far as hot lesbians are concerned, two years ago I went to Cafe Rio in Provo right when it opened on a saturday, with my wife. The place was pretty empty. We sat down with our food and two smoking hot girls come in, they could not have been over 20. I am talking Hot lunch avatar hot and BYU71 washington cheerleader hot. Well they are staring at the menu, Holding hands and talking. Now without turning this into Penthouse Forums, They start to touch each other in such a manner where my wife and I could now tell they were passed the friend stage. then all of the sudden they start a full on make out session. My wife even admitted, it was pretty hot.
SoonerCoug, we know who you are. Use your own login, please.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #32
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Because the Catholics sat this one out. The LDS Church is the main driving force behind Yes on 8. Big surprise that people called the Church out for it. Who cares, really?
What are you talking about? The Catholics aren't sitting this one out. There was a story on the news last night about the final push a Catholic org. is making for Prop 8.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
What are you talking about? The Catholics aren't sitting this one out. There was a story on the news last night about the final push a Catholic org. is making for Prop 8.
Break down the financial contributions by Church membership. It is obvious which Church is running the show on this initiative.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #34
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: the claim that $20 million has been donated by LDS members.

Think of how much larger that number would be if the members were not divided on the issue, and how much larger if 70% of the membership was not inactive.

Think of how much money would be raked in if BYU boosters were told that the temple in Independence needed room for an indoor practice facility.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #35
Tex

Personally I think the ad would've been much more effective if they'd just shown the missionaries actually slaying the lesbians.

I mean, that's what the church really wants, right? Why not just come out and show it?

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Break down the financial contributions by Church membership. It is obvious which Church is running the show on this initiative.

The itneresting thing is that the No on 8 campaign is receving a substantially larger percentage of contributions from out of state than the Yes on 8 campaign receives. It is homegrown cash.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #37
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

The critical error the Lesbians made is having their marriage license in a drawer in the first place. Had they attended any emergency preparedness meetings at the LDS church, they would know to keep that and other important documents locked up in a fire proof safe. If they cannot manage a simple important piece of paper, how can they be trusted to be married?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
The itneresting thing is that the No on 8 campaign is receving a substantially larger percentage of contributions from out of state than the Yes on 8 campaign receives. It is homegrown cash.
Satan lives out of state.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #39
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Satan lives out of state.

Perhaps. It is intersting to me becaseu many of the local poltiicains in the bay area (e.g. Gavin Newsome) complain loud and long about all the out of state money coming in and allowing Utah and Idaho to control california.

Like I have said elsewhere, I am lookign forward to this being over.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #40
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Perhaps. It is intersting to me becaseu many of the local poltiicains in the bay area (e.g. Gavin Newsome) complain loud and long about all the out of state money coming in and allowing Utah and Idaho to control california.
Good grief. If anyone's in "control" of another state, it's the influx of refugee Californians invading Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young