cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #21
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
not sure that would be enough. He would need an in-state address to register to vote.

Also, if he drove up now, it is too late to register to vote for this Tuesday.

There are other indicia of state nexus.....utility bills, drivers license, phone book.......in your hypo, does jesus appear in a california phone book anywhere? Is his number listed? If so, then he would likely be eligible to vote for Prop 8.
Plus, he would have to find a way to avoid ICE, as exie would almost certainly alert them that an illegal alien was attempting to vote in an election.

My guess: he would draw a ballot in the sand with his feet, letting it blow away with the wind.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #22
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Based on what Ohbama has said about Palestinians vs. Jews, you sure he would vote Dem. Wouldn't it be thwarting his plan as well to slaughter millions under the banner of 'choice'.
Personally I don't understand the Jewish vote being in the democratic corner every time. The Republicans have been more pro Israel then the demos and I'm not sure if this is a stereotype or fact but all of the Jewish people I deal with at work have some coin which I would think would have them leaning more Republican.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #23
Grigor

Grigor is on a distinguished road

Hmm... if the Savior was on the Earth I think he would have much more important things to do.
Grigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #24
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Personally I don't understand the Jewish vote being in the democratic corner every time. The Republicans have been more pro Israel then the demos and I'm not sure if this is a stereotype or fact but all of the Jewish people I deal with at work have some coin which I would think would have them leaning more Republican.
Jews aren't Christians and therefore are not a part of the religious right.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #25
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
So, you're hinting that he would support it, eh?
That's certainly DDD's stance. And President Monson is wrong. That must be an interesting discussion between the Savior and Pres. Monson.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
That's certainly DDD's stance. And President Monson is wrong. That must be an interesting discussion between the Savior and Pres. Monson.
My stance is that neither the Savior nor Pres Monson get to vote on Prop 8 because they are not residents of California. What is so hard to understand about that? It is a dumb hypo. If the Savior believes that we are to obey the laws of the land, are you suggesting that he would commit voter fraud simply to vote on Prop 8? The thought makes reason stare!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #27
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My stance is that neither the Savior nor Pres Monson get to vote on Prop 8 because they are not residents of California. What is so hard to understand about that? It is a dumb hypo. If the Savior believes that we are to obey the laws of the land, are you suggesting that he would commit voter fraud simply to vote on Prop 8? The thought makes reason stare!
So now you're suggesting that Pres Monson would vote against it as well? Is that part of your hypo?

LOL
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #28
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
So now you're suggesting that Pres Monson would vote against it as well? Is that part of your hypo?

LOL
I am suggesting that he cannot vote on it at all, since he is not a resident of California. It isn't my fault your hypo makes no sense.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

LOL
I honestly think Jesus would would vote No on Prop 8 (and when I refer to Jesus, I am of course referring to the Jesus of the New Testament -- not the Mormon Jesus). In your world, if Jesus came back he'd be a gun-toting, corporate-loving, neo-con hack, wearing a Brooks Brothers suit and driving an Escalade. You should look into Christianity. I think you'd like it.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #30
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

If the Savior stood beside me
Would I vote the way I vote
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote