cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elder Neal A. Maxwell and Prop 8

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4181206
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I doubt that a battle of GA quotes is going to be particularly helpful at this stage of the debate.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Battle? I just thought this quote was extremely interesting, given the current political/religious environment.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Battle? I just thought this quote was extremely interesting, given the current political/religious environment.
Apparently it was just a lucky guess at the time.

C'mon, don't most members know better than those they supposedly support?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

I really like Elder Maxwell, but I don't consider this quote terribly profound or prophetic. Doesn't the fact that this was given thirty years ago say something? This is something that could have been safely said any time in the last 60+ years.

Not that he's wrong necessarily, but this isn't the kind of thing that's going to change anyone's mind.

Oh...and I have to say, my life is so much better with exute on ignore. I can probably imagine what he just said--bad enough, but a far cry better than having to read it.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I really like Elder Maxwell, but I don't consider this quote terribly profound or prophetic. Doesn't the fact that this was given thirty years ago say something? This is something that could have been safely said any time in the last 60+ years.

Not that he's wrong necessarily, but this isn't the kind of thing that's going to change anyone's mind.

Oh...and I have to say, my life is so much better with exute on ignore. I can probably imagine what he just said--bad enough, but a far cry better than having to read it.
Do you think exUte is serious or is it just an act? I think he is just playing around. I don't know anyone (and I live in Utah County) like him.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
exUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Do you think exUte is serious or is it just an act? I think he is just playing around. I don't know anyone (and I live in Utah County) like him.
Hey, if you weren't inactive in the Church, you meet plenty of others like me. I most recently hovered over your house in a black helicopter. Did you see me? I was throwing out Books of Mormon. Did any of them hit you in the head?

Last edited by exUte; 11-02-2008 at 06:10 PM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
exUte

Quote:

I would have said, the church needs more lukewarm members like you. But then again you won't read this. Dang!

Do you find anything that has been prophetic or profound? BTW......when he said these things, no one in their right mind would have thought we would need a law to define what marriage was.

Get up your non-support of the brethren. But then again you won't read this. Dang!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
You don't know how many times I've asked myself that question. If he's an act, he's brilliant, and I'm not willing to give him that much credit (nor has he really given me a reason to).

I say he's real. And an idiot.

Let's just consider ourselves fortunate (that we don't know anyone like him...). It still sickens me that he has sat on disciplinary councils (or at least claims as much)--Exhibit A that the church should not be conducting disciplinary councils.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
exUte

Quote:
You don't know how many times I've asked myself that question. If he's an act, he's brilliant, and I'm not willing to give him that much credit (nor has he really given me a reason to).

I say he's real. And an idiot.

Let's just consider ourselves fortunate (that we don't know anyone like him...). It still sickens me that he has sat on disciplinary councils (or at least claims as much)--Exhibit A that the church should not be conducting disciplinary councils.
Then you and BlueHair aren't hanging out with the right crowd. Keep opposing the brethren. It's fun to watch.

Last edited by exUte; 11-02-2008 at 06:19 PM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote