cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #61
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I forwarded this to a gay acquaintance (we were friends back in grade school, and he looked me up a few years ago and we've exchanged correspndence ever since, despite my wife's flattering suspicions he's interested in much more). Anyway, he provided me with the following critique that may prove helpful, notwithstanding his dubious conclusion that Flystripper is straight. He also included a link to the real gay agenda that, curiously, included a banner ad for Protectmarriage.com. My would-be gay paramour opposes Prop. 8, and yet he agrees that straight couples should have priority over gays in adoptive matters, and has no problem with the Church's stance on gay issues.

-This "Gay To- Do List" was obviously written by a non-gay type person. Please see added comments in bold.

1. Go shopping for some fabulous shoes [a gay man would refer to shoes as PUMPS]
2. Work out [ as this to me means "working out" time to grab a Wendy's Double, I can't answer for all of "we"]
3. Take Peanut for his weekly grooming [gay men do not name their dog in any context that might refer to genitalia size. Even a small pink Poodle would be named Killer]
4. Wash the Miata [with so much expendable income, we employ others to do mundane tasks]
5. Get Married [only if following a series of fabulous pre-nuptial brunches]
6. Ruin all heterosexual marriages [as 1/2 of these marriages end in divorce, "we" concentrate on 1/2 rather than "all"]
7. Turn 4 children gay [as of 09/14/85 the quota was reduced to 3 per day]
8. Make a dinner of spicy ginger tofu with garlic snap peas [tofu is so 2001 straight and references to "snap" are dated ]
9. Pray to Lucifer [gays refer to Satan nowadays as "Dick Cheney"]
10. Go to bed [after deciding which one of the 312 sex partners "we" have had in a 24 hour period to join in slumber]

Personally, I would offer this for The Homosexual Agenda: http://www.bettybowers.com/homoagenda.html
wow, that agenda in the link was very detailed and down to the minute. I am sorry for demonstrating my lack of understanding for what the true gay agenda entails. I didn't realize my straightness was so transparent. I will defer to the expert.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #62
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default So it wasn't inspired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Yes. Last time I checked, the First Presidency are men. If it is your belief that anything written by church leaders is the same as if God wrote it himself, fine. Just don't expect the rest of the country to feel the same. God isn't very just if he punishes everyone because a few gay people are allowed to get married. I thought we were punished for our own sins, not the sins of others. If I choose to commit adultery, will you be punished for it? It is silly to believe that two men saying "I do" is going to bring down society.
OK. I can deal with that.

I don't expect the rest of the country to accept. I find it amusing how many so-called Mormons simply brush off what the 1st Presidency would counsel.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #63
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
OK. I can deal with that.

I don't expect the rest of the country to accept. I find it amusing how many so-called Mormons simply brush off what the 1st Presidency would counsel.
What makes you think active LDS brush it off? Is your only measure whether agree in total? I can see people contemplating what they otherwise would not contemplate because of their counsel.