cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are you getting for Christmas?

It's usually at least a minor surprise for me, but this year I know what I'm getting. I asked for, and am fairly certain I'm receiving a pair of Brooks Trance 7 running shoes.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting a toothbrush, some work clothes (i.e. button up shirts and slacks). For starters.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm giving my wife a extreme kitchen makeover. I don't really care what I get for Christmas as that just doesn't matter anymore. Probably a DVD or antique slide rule.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I don't really care what I get for Christmas as that just doesn't matter anymore. Probably a DVD or antique slide rule.
I have a buddy who always said that once somebody has a job, "if something costs less than $500 and they want it, they already have it". I feel this is quite accurate and come Christmas time I have difficutly telling my wife what I want.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I have a buddy who always said that once somebody has a job, "if something costs less than $500 and they want it, they already have it". I feel this is quite accurate and come Christmas time I have difficutly telling my wife what I want.
Bingo. At this point in life, if I want something I go out and buy it. I hate getting expensive gifts that I don't want or need.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I am that way. It drives my wife nuts because I never have anything good to ask her to buy for me. If I want a new tie or a book or cd, I just go get it. I have never really cared that much about getting presents for Christmas or birthday. Kind of boring. I like getting them for my kids and wife, but dont care about opening ones for me.

That being said, I am getting 3 things this year, I think.

I decided to ask for a new blanket because mine is getting kind of old now. So that is what I am getting. I am pretty excited about it, actually. A comforter-type blanket.

Second, this sweet belgian waffle maker. my ddd's love eating waffles and so I have kind of come back around to eating them a lot for breakfast. yum.

Finally, my brother and I have agreed to "buy each other" a Rose Bowl ticket and attend together. That present will be purchased about 30 minutes before kickoff outside the stadium.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
jxncoog

jxncoog is on a distinguished road

XBox 360 and some time off from work.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And if it costs more than $500, do you really want your wife picking it out for you?
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:15 AM   #9
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
And if it costs more than $500, do you really want your wife picking it out for you?
This is what I am getting:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=14256

and I ordered it for myself. I even wrote myself a little gift message, on behalf of danimal. Since I have our kids covered, both our families and his hometeaching families, he really hasn't had to buy a single present. What a lucky guy.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Oh, and I should add that when you don't do any of the Christmas shopping, you get a couple of books and a CD worth about $60 while your wife gets a camera worth $650
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote