cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve
Default Great OFFENSIVE sports quotes

Lebowski's thread earlier today got me thinking about my favorite sports quotes.....but everything that came to mind was either a blooper, a tirade, or a mistake.

This thread actually has the potential to become quite lengthy, but anyway, I welcome your input.

Hopefully, PK will even log on and add a few to the list.

I will start it off with something from this very week. It falls under the "Black People now Hate my Guts" category

1. Arthur Blank promotes the consumption of poultry

"The word 'never' is a very strong word. There's a lot of roadblocks to Michael coming back and even playing in the National Football League, Tony. Let's assume he's out for three seasons, 07, 08 and 09. If he doesn't watch himself and eats a lot of fried chicken and fries in prison, come out 215 pounds he's not going to be the same athlete he was."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

Along those same lines, and in the same category, I give you Fuzzy Zoeller, talking about Eldrick after he won the Masters in 1997...

2. Fuzzy Zoeller plans a meal

"That little boy is driving well and he's putting well. He's doing everything it takes to win. So, you know what you guys do when he gets in here? You pat him on the back and say congratulations and enjoy it and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. Got it?...or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

How about Isiah Thomas: "It is different when a black man calls a black woman a bitch, than if a white man calls a black woman a bitch"
Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

A few others:

"Its a humbling thing being humble" Maurice Clarett

Asking Antoine Walker why he shot so many three's in a game:

"Because their isnt any 4's"
Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

4. Reggie White makes good observations

"Why did God create us differently? Why did God make me black and you white? Why did God make the next guy Korean and the next guy Asian and the other guy Hispanic? Why did God create the Indians?

Well, it's interesting to me to know why now. When you look at the black race, black people are very gifted in what we call worship and celebration. A lot of us like to dance, and if you go to black churches, you see people jumping up and down, because they really get into it.

White people were blessed with the gift of structure and organization. You guys do a good job of building businesses and things of that nature and you know how to tap into money pretty much better than a lot of people do around the world.

Hispanics are gifted in family structure. You can see a Hispanic person and they can put 20 or 30 people in one home. They were gifted in the family structure.

When you look at the Asians, the Asian is very gifted in creation, creativity and inventions. If you go to Japan or any Asian country, they can turn a television into a watch. They're very creative.

And you look at the Indians, they have been very gifted in the spirituality.

When you put all of that together, guess what it makes. It forms a complete image of God."

Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

5. Coach Bobby Knight is practical

"I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it."

Old 12-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

So not only do you hijack my thread, but you start a new thread?

Weenie.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
So not only do you hijack my thread, but you start a new thread?

Weenie.
No! It was because I did not want to hijack your thread that I started this thread. I didnt even post in your thread.

I wanted to post something inspiring over there, like "Never Give Up" or "Win One for the Gipper" or something like that. But all I kept getting in my head was stuff like the fried chicken references.

Both threads can co-exist peacefully.