cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Great sports quotes

Submit your favorite sports quotes here.

Here is one of mine: A few years ago the Timpview football team went over to Payson delivered the annual butt-kicking (52-0 as I recall). The Payson coach (who admirably had maintained a sense of humor) remarked to the local newspaper:

"We just didn't do a good job defensively. The only thing stopping the Timpview running backs was the white line at the back of the end zone."
Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Saturday at Energy Solutions Arena to Wahine33 by Surfah33 after tiring of the obnoxious MSU fan who was going nuts over Neitzel but was silent the first half:

"Babe, he finally pulled Neitzel's dick out of his mouth to cheer for him."

Wahine33 was not happy with Surfah33 and was glad that he only directed the comment to her and not to said obnoxious fan.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

"Both teams had the Midas touch tonight. Everything they touched turned to gold, and everything we touched turned to mufflers."

--Joe Glenn, Wyoming Head Coach, after a 55-7 loss to BYU
Old 12-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not on-the-field sports, but it's good:

Art Modell: "The pride and presence of a professional football team is far more important than 30 libraries."

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

"Hindsight is 50/50" - Steve Spurier
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

During the Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets series just over 10 years ago. It was the series where Stockton hit the shot to send the Jazz into the finals for the first time.

Well if anyone remembers a game or two before that Houston had hit a buzzer beating shot of their own. Reknowned Jazz-Killer "Fast" Eddie Johnson nailed a straight away 3 pointer as time expired to send the Houston crowd into a frenzy.

In the post game press conference a reporter asked Charles Barkley..."Charles what did it feel like to win a game like that?"

Charles response and I quote:

"Well...it was surreal. I don't know what it means, but I heard someone say it the other day and it sounded pretty damn smart, so that's what it was. Yeah, It was surreal."

Charles might be my all time favorite when it comes to hilarious quotes.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
During the Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets series just over 10 years ago. It was the series where Stockton hit the shot to send the Jazz into the finals for the first time.

Well if anyone remembers a game or two before that Houston had hit a buzzer beating shot of their own. Reknowned Jazz-Killer "Fast" Eddie Johnson nailed a straight away 3 pointer as time expired to send the Houston crowd into a frenzy.

In the post game press conference a reporter asked Charles Barkley..."Charles what did it feel like to win a game like that?"

Charles response and I quote:

"Well...it was surreal. I don't know what it means, but I heard someone say it the other day and it sounded pretty damn smart, so that's what it was. Yeah, It was surreal."

Charles might be my all time favorite when it comes to hilarious quotes.
That's a good one. Barkley is a walking quote machine. He's great.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
That's a good one. Barkley is a walking quote machine. He's great.
My favorite Barkley quote came during a Pacers game. Reggie Miller went in for a layup and got knocked to the ground. While Miller is sitting on the floor, the camera does a close-up of him and Barkley says, "Man, that guy has big ears."
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Also....the original "Slumpbuster" story that Mark Grace told on Jim Rome for the first time was hilarious.

Rome: "What's a Slumpbuster?"

Grace then proceeds to awkwardly yet, in a very funny way explain how a slumping athlete is taken to a club by his teammates and they pick out for him the biggest, fattest and ugliest girl in the club to hook up with....
Old 12-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Also....the original "Slumpbuster" story that Mark Grace told on Jim Rome for the first time was hilarious.

Rome: "What's a Slumpbuster?"

Grace then proceeds to awkwardly yet, in a very funny way explain how a slumping athlete is taken to a club by his teammates and they pick out for him the biggest, fattest and ugliest girl in the club to hook up with....
I believe the exact quote was, "You find the skankiest woman in the building and then you lay the wood to 'em."
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote