cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road
Default Someone threatened to kill my family

While trying to rent a house I own somebody tried to scam me. They said they were going to be moving from England and wanted to have a furniture company furnish the house before their arrival. Long story short he sent me a check for $6000 and wanted me to wire $2500 to his "financier" in Madera California. I took the check to the supposed bank of issuance (BofA) and they confirmed it was a bullshit check.

My wife was pissed and emailed him the following:

Dear Total Poser:
You thought you had a good scam going. You played all your cards right. The emails were written in proper English, you provided notable references (that you knew I would never check), you even faked an account with a major bank. But you know where you blew it? Your last email. How stupid are you? I almost fell for your stupid scam. But you blew it with your insane and stupid request that I spend my money on you. Oh, and that last email? So completely and obviously bogus with the worst spelling and English that no one would ever fall for it. You got lazy and you lost.

You deserve to rot in hell for scamming people. I have contacted the FBI, Las Vegas PD, Bank of America, Merck, Fed Ex, and Craigslist and alerted them to your slimy and evil ways. Go to hell.

The scammer responded with this"

hahahahhahhahahah.........................wat's ya problem dumphead?just keep ya mouth shut and stay alive..you no i have ya address am gonna burst you and hit you real hard..be expecting me very soon in ya motherfucking house....fool.

I will be sleeping with my gun under my pillow for the next month.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

WHat's the advantage of your wife warning him that you are trying to catch him?

Of course, I doubt the authorities will do anything.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
WHat's the advantage of your wife warning him that you are trying to catch him?

Of course, I doubt the authorities will do anything.
No advantage at all. She was mad and directed her anger at the source (I speak from experience).

Sadly there is nothing the police can or will do about it. Someone has to actually scam you first. The threat made it actionable but there is next to nothing to go on. all we have is an email address: Dr Stan Bracken <sbrack09@yahoo.com and a worthless check.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
While trying to rent a house I own somebody tried to scam me. They said they were going to be moving from England and wanted to have a furniture company furnish the house before their arrival. Long story short he sent me a check for $6000 and wanted me to wire $2500 to his "financier" in Madera California. I took the check to the supposed bank of issuance (BofA) and they confirmed it was a bullshit check.

Dear Total Poser:
You thought you had a good scam going. You played all your cards right. The emails were written in proper English, you provided notable references (that you knew I would never check), you even faked an account with a major bank. But you know where you blew it? Your last email. How stupid are you? I almost fell for your stupid scam. But you blew it with your insane and stupid request that I spend my money on you. Oh, and that last email? So completely and obviously bogus with the worst spelling and English that no one would ever fall for it. You got lazy and you lost.

You deserve to rot in hell for scamming people. I have contacted the FBI, Las Vegas PD, Bank of America, Merck, Fed Ex, and Craigslist and alerted them to your slimy and evil ways. Go to hell.

hahahahhahhahahah.........................wat's ya problem dumphead?just keep ya mouth shut and stay alive..you no i have ya address am gonna burst you and hit you real hard..be expecting me very soon in ya motherfucking house....fool.

Before you shoot him, make sure you wait until he is closer than 25 yards from your bed.

If not, aim high and to the left, as the bullet will start dropping (unless the intruder is in mikewaters house, where a gravity vortex exists).

PS "dumphead" is my new favorite insult.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No advantage at all. She was mad and directed her anger at the source (I speak from experience).

Sadly there is nothing the police can or will do about it. Someone has to actually scam you first. The threat made it actionable but there is next to nothing to go on. all we have is an email address: Dr Stan Bracken <sbrack09@yahoo.com and a worthless check.
Try sending it to Interpol. I saw a segment about them on 60 minutes. They might do something.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Try sending it to Interpol. I saw a segment about them on 60 minutes. They might do something.
Is Interpol an activist band? I knew they had played a few festivals, but I wasnt aware they fought crime, too.

I need to re-listen to "Turn on The Bright Lights" for clues.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be too concerned. Talk is cheap.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

As upsetting as I am sure this is, my guess is that this is an empty threat. If they had the means and inclination to take your money with violence they already would have done so. Usually people that commit non-violent fraud don't resort to violence when their scam fails. Instead, they start looking for the next mark. Be careful, but don't worry too much.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Dear Total Poser:

The best policy is not to ever respond to something like this in the first place.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #10
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Dear Total Poser:

I like the letter your wife wrote. I'd tell that asshole to bring it on.