cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I wonder if many here feel that mikewaters has been given patience, ad infinitum?

This is a watershed moment for him. Does he even care enough to address this? Or is he too prideful to apologize for bad behavior? I am not even sure this is about him, frankly, which is why I made my request a few posts above.

But here is someone who built something viable and now appears fully content to allow it to be destroyed, rather than to get in here and address the issue. This is a community. The community is unhappy about something, or at the very least, grown bored with something. I would think that if it were me, I would at least be asking what the problem is. Why the ambivalence?

As I have stated before, the coincidence in all of this is uncanny. As with the Godfather, Michael Corleone ends up sitting in a chair in the dead autumn cold, alone, no friends, no family, trusts nobody, those around him only so because they are paid, as he ponders his behavior and how he alienated everyone close to him. Fade to black.

It isnt a cool story, btw. It is a sad one.
I seem to be unique in that I don't take this or any other message board as seriously as most. Maybe I should re-evaluate. I'm ever the profane one, I guess. The written word is indeed a powerful thing.

Anyway, Waters has never offended me, and no one has been more a target of his invective than me. I find his antics quite entertaining, and I think we understand one another. I do think, as I've said, that Waters himself should lighten up. Some of the board's best repartee has gone on between 3D and Waters, and Robin and Waters, but I guess it has upset him. Even 3D's suspension provided opportunity for hilarity, as far as it went, in my view.

The new board doesn't seem to me to provide soil for the kind of color we've experiened here but maybe that's the point. I doubt 3D can even get his game going unless there's opposition.

But on an optimistic note, I think the boards serve two different purposes and can co-exist. I'm pleased Pelagius has moved on with his Suday School lessons, which bored me to tears. Someone I love and respect recently said to me that one of the most important lessons you can teach your children is to hate church.

For what it's worth, I hate the name of the new board.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote