cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Kdog's post of the day.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2740074

Wow.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

I was watching your tete-a-tete over there ... such a strange thing for him to say.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Ah yes. Imperialism is the answer.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I was watching your tete-a-tete over there ... such a strange thing for him to say.
Strange isn't the word I would have used.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Strange isn't the word I would have used.
Remember ... we're testing out the new "kindler, gentler" Tex.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

What did he say? It's gone now.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Remember ... we're testing out the new "kindler, gentler" Tex.
lol! And that marks the first time I have laughed at a Tex post. Nicely done.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think he's just frustrated over the mess Bush has made over there, whether by incompetence or intervening in a place we had no business being in from anybody's perspective (I think we all can agree it's one or the other). What he's saying is the reductio ad absurdum of many people's rationalizations going into Iraq (Saddam is a bad guy and it will be nice to get our hands on the oil once we install a friendly government). He's saying something not a lot different than what George Kennan said about why he masterminded containment in Europe, but always argued for staying the hell out of Vietnam. What matters is legitimate U.S. interests, from a practical standpoint, because we have neither the means nor the will to right all the world's wrongs.

The rule is send money, but don't send blood, our boys to die there, unless it really matters in Kansas City. K-Dog's post if seen as a critique of what's going on now including Bush's reckless and horribly executed imperialist adventure isn't so bad. I'm not surprised Tex doesn't like the post. I would have thought Cali would get it.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 06-05-2007 at 05:49 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I think he's just frustrated over the mess Bush has made over there, whether by incompetence or intervening in a place we had no business being in from anybody's perspective (I think we all can agree it's one or the other). What he's saying is the reductio ad absurdum of many people's rationalizations going into Iraq (Saddam is a bad guy and it will be nice to get our hands on the oil once we install a friendly government). He's saying something not a lot different than wath George Kennan said about why he masterminded containment in Europe, but always argued for staying the hell out of Vietnam. What matters is legitimate U.S. interests, from a practical standpoint, because we have neither the means nor the will to right all the world's wrongs.

The rule is send money, but don't send blood, our boys to die there, unless it really matters in Kansas City. K-Dog's post if seen as a critique of what's going on now including Bush's reckless and horribly executed imperialist adventure isn't so bad. I'm not surprised Tex doesn't like the post. I would have thought Cali would get it.
I think you express a perfectly rational point of view on the subject. I take issue with Kdog's statement that everyone can die in Darfur and it does no harm to his world.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
You think that's a wow....That word could be applied after every single HighHorse post.

That guy is a true horse's ass in every sense of the word.

BTW--- I agree with your WOW in regards to KDog's post. Way over the top by himm.

HighHorse once thumped his chest about how Newt Gingrich will win the 2008 GOP Nomination...to which I got a good chuckle out of. He then proceeds to boardmail me out of the blue and continues to thump his chest at how great of an "Outside the box" thinker he is and that everyone will be eating his words come then.

To which I responded..."Well if eating your words means it's a heaping pile of cow dung...can I then take you up on that?"

He never responded back.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 06-05-2007 at 06:31 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote