cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've lost 15 pounds!

I have to say I owe it all to the bike. It's helped me focus on eating better and somewhat smarter and has motivated me to do the extra things to help lose weight. So my peak weight was 197 pounds and now I'm down to 182 as of today. My goal is to get to 170 and then I think I'll be feeling really good.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I have to say I owe it all to the bike. It's helped me focus on eating better and somewhat smarter and has motivated me to do the extra things to help lose weight. So my peak weight was 197 pounds and now I'm down to 182 as of today. My goal is to get to 170 and then I think I'll be feeling really good.
So it IS about the bike, after all??!
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice work Pride. That is great. I weighed in at a mighty 212...and I am now down to around 190 or so. I still would like to lose another 10 pounds but my motimation is rather low, so who knows if I will actually make it anytime soon. I owe mine to running and eating better.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Nice work Pride. That is great. I weighed in at a mighty 212...and I am now down to around 190 or so. I still would like to lose another 10 pounds but my motimation is rather low, so who knows if I will actually make it anytime soon. I owe mine to running and eating better.
22 pounds is a lot of weight! That's awesome! Why have you lost motivation? What was it before? I need to be doing some other stuff besides riding the bike... although I'll always ride because that's what I love to do these days. I'm doing some ab work here and there and a tiny bit of running and a few curls. While my stomach is getting thinner, I'd like to do some other stuff like play basketball or something to get more fit.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with ya Pride. I'm just about where you are, and would like to get to 170ish by September.

Let's do it!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
I'm with ya Pride. I'm just about where you are, and would like to get to 170ish by September.

Let's do it!
We can definitely do it! People here have said it's healthy to lose 2 pounds a week. So I'm trying to do it by the end of June. I don't know if I'll be able to pull that off, but I'm going to give it a shot. What have you been doing to shed the pounds?

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Congrats, I was at a high of 192 and now am 182 with a goal of getting to 170. I've mostly been doing a little bit of running and just eating a lot healthier.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
We can definitely do it! People here have said it's healthy to lose 2 pounds a week. So I'm trying to do it by the end of June. I don't know if I'll be able to pull that off, but I'm going to give it a shot. What have you been doing to shed the pounds?
Doing what you're doing. Riding,...and riding whenever I can.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
Congrats, I was at a high of 192 and now am 182 with a goal of getting to 170. I've mostly been doing a little bit of running and just eating a lot healthier.
It's amazing how eating better and exercising a little bit more will do it. I laugh when my brother who is 6'4" 330 lbs is going on all these weird diets, programs and and other gimmicky crap because he always seems to give up after just a couple weeks. I think it was Flash Gordon's wife who said you really just need to change your eating habits and life style to make more of a permanent change. He hasn't realized that yet I guess...

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it was Flash Gordon's wife who said you really just need to change your eating habits and life style to make more of a permanent change. He hasn't realized that yet I guess...
Actually, I'd love to take credit, but think it was Diamond who suggested a permanent lifestyle change.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote