cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 06-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #61
fuegote

fuegote

The guy I'm running with is footing the entire bill for registration next year so I'll probably be on his team again (if probably means more than likely).
Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #62
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
The guy I'm running with is footing the entire bill for registration next year so I'll probably be on his team again (if probably means more than likely).
Speaking of racing for free...
Have you noticed how many teams are scrambling to replace team members who have dropped out? Most of them are offering to cover the entry fee just for a warm body. I'm tempted to just join a last minute team next year and save the $100.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #63
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
Man this is sucking. I will see if I can't get up there. When and where is the re-registration for next year? at the finish? Can anyone of you going let me know if they will let new teams register up there?
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #64
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Man this is sucking. I will see if I can't get up there. When and where is the re-registration for next year? at the finish? Can anyone of you going let me know if they will let new teams register up there?
From what I've read, they're only allowing finishing teams to register at the finish line. They're opening up registration to others within the next few days, however, so keep an eye out.

I wouldn't worry too much. They're not going to have 500 teams give them $1000 at the finish line. You'll get a chance.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #65
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
I got a bit more info.

They are going to allow only teams that finish to register for '09 at the finish line. It is not open to the public. Registration to the public will open at 2 PM on Sunday. They apparently will take registrations until they determine what their cap is. Once that's decided, any teams numbered after the cap will be refunded their entry fee.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote