cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Who says no sweets on a diet

http://www.hostesscakes.com/100/index.html

Only issue I see is like a lot of lowfat processed foods, they are high in sodium.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #12
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road
Default This is very cool.

You've seen me. I'm worse off than you. I started my diet six weeks ago. I wish I had thought about a blog/post. And like you, I needed more motivation than just losing weight. I look forward to the regular reports. It'll help keep me on tract.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #13
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
You've seen me. I'm worse off than you. I started my diet six weeks ago. I wish I had thought about a blog/post. And like you, I needed more motivation than just losing weight. I look forward to the regular reports. It'll help keep me on tract.
Not sure I agree you're worse off. But there is no question we both have big needs in this way. Let's do it together ...
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #14
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Not sure I agree you're worse off. But there is no question we both have big needs in this way. Let's do it together ...

Sounds good. I have a contest with my wife right now. It helped me get started. She is 4 months pregnant. We have a bet that if I lose two pounds for every pound she gains through the pregnacy I don't change diapers the first three months. As of this morning, I've lost 35 pounds since mid Jan and she's gained .5 pounds. I'm winning.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #15
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
I hope you can count me on board this train. I weigh 246.2 lbs as of today and I need to get down to around 175. I cannot lose weight either just by having that as a goal. I want to get back to the athlete I was so I will be training towards running sprint triathlons. That is a 5K run, 12-13 mile bike ride and a 750 meter swim. I ran/walked 4 miles yesterday with my wife(today the legs are sore in spite of stretching. She has been kicking my trash on the health mantra the past six months. She is looking fine which spurs me even more since I don't like being flabby when she is fine. In any case FM count me on the FM fitness channel.

Crazy or not I plan on participating in the Cache Valley Tri (sprint) in Logan on June 21. That gives me almost four months to get at least healthy enough to finish it. The bike ride doesn't phase me as I used to be a road racer in my younger days. The swim doesn't phase me either. The run however is my Achilles heel (pun intended). I have to be able to run/jog a 5K. I used to run allot when I was younger, but I had problems with my knees in the military. This occurred after running the 2 mile in 12 minutes flat. My knees were never the same after that. I would love to participate in Bronco's ECO challenge. I have a friend who is planning on doing it this year. I think next year would be a great goal when I am in shape. He supposedly has an obstacle course that is suppose to weed out the triathletes and other distance racers because it is power based. Like strong man contests.

Click on image for my card and blog

Last edited by DJRoss; 03-03-2008 at 03:28 AM.
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Well that sucks

Monday nights are weigh-in and I gained 4 lbs since last week.

Here's hoping it's muscle gain.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Here's hoping it's muscle gain.
I hate to rain on your parade FM, but if you're able to pack on 4 pounds of muscle in a week at any age, let alone age 37 then I'd say you are roiding! Give yourself a break, you have pneumonia.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #18
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Give yourself a break, you have pneumonia.
Amen.

It took you years to put all the weight on, it will take time to lose it. Just stay consistent and patient.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #19
CJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Amen.

It took you years to put all the weight on, it will take time to lose it. Just stay consistent and patient.
That's so important. It's also easier said than done. I just keep telling myself it's a lifestyle change and it's going to last more than a few months. I've stopped weighing myself every day. I try to live week to week on this now.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #20
fuegote

fuegote

Good luck FM. As you know I've lost nearly 40 lbs from the first of December. It's amazing the change.