cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 AM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
The snow just keeps piling up. Usually there's not enough snow or it warms up enough to completely melt every couple weeks. We've got snow piles in our neighborhood from clearing the roads and driveways that are 8 feet tall and they just keep growing. Unreal.
In Quebec, where I served my mission, the term snow removal is literal. Whereas in Utah they just push it to the side of the road, in Quebec City they push it into the middle of the road, after which it is blown into dump trucks who take it outside of the city and dump it off a cliff. If they didn't, it would accumulate and the city would soon be impassable.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
ThatSportsFan

ThatSportsFan

Thank you snow for canceling my classes at Weber State. Now I have a extra day for my test.
ThatSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
In Quebec, where I served my mission, the term snow removal is literal. Whereas in Utah they just push it to the side of the road, in Quebec City they push it into the middle of the road, after which it is blown into dump trucks who take it outside of the city and dump it off a cliff. If they didn't, it would accumulate and the city would soon be impassable.
In Texas we don't even bother to plow it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote