cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Comedy: Burning Man's Performance Problems

He burst into flames four days early (Premature eflameulation)

"The art structure known as The Man, the center of the Burning Man Festival in the Nevada desert, was set afire on Tuesday morning, Aug. 28, 2007. A San Francisco man allegedly climbed the structure from within and reportedly placed an object in the leg of The Man, which then ignited and set the wooden structure burning five days before it was officially supposed to be burned."

Classic reactions from the burnouts...

"I am disturbed that the Man is burnt. As I looked at it, I was going, 'This can't be happening,' " said Bob Harms of South Lake Tahoe, a seven-time burner.

Kyle Marx of Eugene, Ore., said the fire started from the Man's left leg and spread to engulf nearly his entire body.

"Some people were chanting, 'Let him burn, let him burn!' and some were chanting, 'Save the man, save the man!' " Marx said.

Several people were seen clambering up the tower of logs below the statue's platform base shortly before the fire began.

"Someone went to a great extent to interfere with everyone else's burn. I think, frankly, an attention whore has made a plea for attention," said a Burning Man volunteer named Ranger Sasquatch. "In three days, we will have this rebuilt."

A festival-goer who identified herself as simply Erica said she and her friends were "upset by the fact that someone would take this away from everybody who comes to the event just to see the man burn. To try to sabotage him is completely wrong. We wait all year long. This is an adult's Christmas party."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/art.../BA2ARQRFI.DTL

Last edited by 8ballrollin; 08-28-2007 at 10:15 PM.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Laugh of the day. Thanks.