cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PETA-type email to NFL re Vick

I have a customer who is a big-time animal rights person. I'm on her dist. list for emails about dogs that need homes and the like. Here is an email from her today and one from last week...

"By now, I'm sure you've all heard the news about the dog fighting ring Michael Vick (the multi-million dollar QB for the Atlanta Falcons) was running and that he has accepted a guilty plea. But I found this story so disturbing that I can't not act.

So with that said, I'd like to ask each any every one of you to please go to the PETA web site http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/afalcons_vick_4 and send a email to the NFL that states that actions such as those taken by Michael Vick cannot be supported at an individual, team, sport, or product level. PETA has an email already written. All you have to do is input some basic information.

I know that (like us) many of you are animal owners and lovers....please take 5 min and help those who cannot help themselves.

Thank you!"

---------------
Last week's...
---------------

"Hello,

Tomorrow (Friday) is the deadline to submit emails or calls to the new NFL Commissioner and to the Federal Attorney in Virginia regarding the dog fighting/animal cruelty charges brought against Michael Vick and his co-defendents who will strike a plea bargain. I believe the hearing is on Monday. Please take a few moments to draft an email outlining your opinions on this topic. The court of public opinion does matter: almost 200,000 of us emailed Nike and we do think it helped them decide to put his contract on hold and to postpone the sale of his merchandise.

Maybe if enough fus respond via e-mail AND phone calling Vick won't get off the hook and be allowed to play again. He needs to get punished to the fullest extent! Please send out to as many people and let them know how all of the animal lovers HAVE NOT forgotten about the horrifying details of this case. Interesting how Vick said he wasn't guilty but is suddenly willing to take a plea bargain!

Thank you.

NFL Commisioner

Roger Goodell

212-450-2027

Roger.Goodell2@NFL.net

Federal Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia

600 East Main St

Richmond, Va 23219

usavae.usattys@usdoj.gov"

...The moral to the story? The squeaky wheel and all that
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote