cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Why did CBers think they would announce

Why did CBers think they would annouce the new scheduled game at half time of the BB game? How stupid what that be?

Bronco: "thanks Cougar fans you guy are the greatest" Crowd goes nuts.

"please support us next year on our path to perfection". Crowd goes crazy.

"I'd like to announce we have a game scheduled with Weber State." Crowd says "huh? you brought in all your recruits on the big week recruiting weekend and brought out all the 2006 players to celebrate and you announce that?" the crowd would actually say that in unison.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Why did CBers think they would annouce the new scheduled game at half time of the BB game? How stupid what that be?

"I'd like to announce we have a game scheduled with Weber State." Crowd says "huh? you brought in all your recruits on the big week recruiting weekend and brought out all the 2006 players to celebrate and you announce that?" the crowd would actually say that in unison.
It was the latest installment of Bernard for Heisman. I think Yard Time gets credit for pulling it off.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Your problem Jay is that you reason things out in your mind first.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

Because these are the same group of people that fell for Bernard 4 Heisman hook, line and sinker.

Not exactly a difficult group to lasso in.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #5
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the prank Bucko pulled off that had people on TBS pissed off.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:50 AM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
What was the prank Bucko pulled off that had people on TBS pissed off.
B4H was a collaborative effort among many CB posters.

The fact that someone loser cancelled his family vacation just so he could be home for the announcement is classic.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Could someone please explain the B4H hoax for me. I don't follow things like that, so when it all blew up, I had no idea what happened. Who was bernard and why would he get the heisman?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Could someone please explain the B4H hoax for me. I don't follow things like that, so when it all blew up, I had no idea what happened. Who was bernard and why would he get the heisman?
Bernard is Bernard the poster/moderator on CB.

That's all I really know about the hoax itself, but as Rocky pointed out, the fact that some idiot canceled his family vacation for any kind of announcement about BYU football really makes me laugh.

"Now kids, I know you were really looking forward to this vacation and I know I've been promising you for a long time that we would go on this vacation, but something more important than spending time as a family has come up: there will be an announcement of something concerning BYU football. So instead of this vacation, we will sit home and gather around the computer, log on to Cougarboard and wait for it. When you are old enough to understand how important BYU football is, you will thank me."

LOL!

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote