cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #111
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

202.2 this morning. 1/2 lb gain this week. Dang. That's what happens when there's two BBQ's in a week, ribs at both. I can't say no to ribs. A lot of them.

Still, 7.6 lbs over 6 weeks...barely ahead of schedule. I'm getting back on the wagon.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #112
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
I weighed 247 after riding from salem over mount nebo to nephi. That is the waterboarding of cycling climbs. I have never see so many false summits. I will not be doing that climb for another year or two.
I cant imagine riding that, I bet the climb was tough. My car barely makes it up that.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #113
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I cant imagine riding that, I bet the climb was tough. My car barely makes it up that.
It was, here is the elevation chart

Total of 7374 feet of climbing. Hardest one I have done yet.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #114
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Down 2.5 lbs in my first week. Ahead of schedule and way ahead of my doctor's schedule.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #115
ERCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm not really fat, per se, but I have about 20 lbs I could do without. I've been planning on "doing without" them for about 7 years without much success. I also like to run, but am really frustrated that I'm so much slower than I used to be; I'm thinking that if I can lose the 20 lb backpack, I might be able to run a little faster.

I'm thinking I need someone/something to check in to. So forgive me--I know these can be really annoying, but I'm going to check in with cougarguard. If you don't care, skip it, put me on ignore, whatever.

Right now, I weigh 209.8 (24.5 % BF according to my little impedance scale). By the Snow Canyon half-marathon on Nov 9, I'm going to weigh 190 (my weight on my wedding day), which amounts to about 1 lb/week.

Anyone else want to check in?
199.4 this morning before my run. 10.4 lbs over 7 weeks.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #116
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

189.8 Today

It took swimming at noon, a bike ride after work and being to tired to eat last night but I got it below 190.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #117
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've gained about 6lb in the last 2 weeks. Abotu 8 more pounds and I'll be at my ideal weight. Wish me luck.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #118
ERCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post
I'm not really fat, per se, but I have about 20 lbs I could do without. I've been planning on "doing without" them for about 7 years without much success. I also like to run, but am really frustrated that I'm so much slower than I used to be; I'm thinking that if I can lose the 20 lb backpack, I might be able to run a little faster.

I'm thinking I need someone/something to check in to. So forgive me--I know these can be really annoying, but I'm going to check in with cougarguard. If you don't care, skip it, put me on ignore, whatever.

Right now, I weigh 209.8 (24.5 % BF according to my little impedance scale). By the Snow Canyon half-marathon on Nov 9, I'm going to weigh 190 (my weight on my wedding day), which amounts to about 1 lb/week.

Anyone else want to check in?
200.3 this morning, 9.5 lbs over 8 weeks. Need to improve this week, but I don't think the Seattle trip is going to help too much--the best thing about travelling is eating.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #119
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

I was down one pound this week. 3.5 over two.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #120
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Down one more pound this week. 4.5 total.