cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Now that Fran is out at A&M, what about Bronco?

I know there is no chance of it, but I think Bronco would be an excellent coach for A&M. I don't think any coach alive could leverage A&M's traditions like Bronco could.

The downside of a Bronco hire is:

1) he isn't a good ol boy
2) I don't think he knows Texas recruiting
3) not a big name

Frankly, A&M isn't smart enough to hire someone like Bronco. The AD can't afford to take a chance, because if he makes the wrong move here, he is gone.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

this is cracking me up. The texags.com server is imploding. I can't even load a page.

They are in nirvana right now, with Fran being given the boot. They will now have 10,000 conversations about whether Tommy T will really come or not (supposedly will cost $6 million to buy out his Auburn contract). Tommy supposedly owns a home near College Station.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

more than 9,000 people logged into Texags.com. And this isn't some Rival site where people from other boards drop by.

Gives you some perspective doesn't it. If Bronco were to announce his resignation, CB might have, AT THE VERY MOST, 250-300 donors logged in.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The sooner Texas A&M fans accept that their school will always be an also-ran in the Big12 and on the national scene, the sooner they can regain that sense of peace in their lives.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Will Gary Patterson not be a consideration for aTm?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
Will Gary Patterson not be a consideration for aTm?
I haven't heard his name mentioned once.

It's not a coincidence that Aggie jokes always portray Aggies as stupid and provincial.

They will not hire anyone without a drawl, who doesn't attend a Protestant church, who isn't married to a member of the DAR.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

I agree that TA&M would be a good fit for Bronco, but I think there is a better one. I was watching the Irish getting together to sing their Alma Mater after their game on Saturday, and I thought that Bronco could do great there. He could totally sell the Notre Dame Tradition, work the players on the honor it is to play there, talk about the history and commitment. It's a very similar set-up to BYU in a lot of ways, but much more inclusive, since it's more about the religion of football than the religion of Joseph Smith.

After Gerry Faust, I think ND wants their coaches to be a little higher profile than Bronco is right now. Maybe if Bronco keeps winning, he will be more of a candidate in a year or two when ND gets tired of Weis, but I doubt it.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
I agree that TA&M would be a good fit for Bronco, but I think there is a better one. I was watching the Irish getting together to sing their Alma Mater after their game on Saturday, and I thought that Bronco could do great there. He could totally sell the Notre Dame Tradition, work the players on the honor it is to play there, talk about the history and commitment. It's a very similar set-up to BYU in a lot of ways, but much more inclusive, since it's more about the religion of football than the religion of Joseph Smith.

After Gerry Faust, I think ND wants their coaches to be a little higher profile than Bronco is right now. Maybe if Bronco keeps winning, he will be more of a candidate in a year or two when ND gets tired of Weis, but I doubt it.
No I don't think Bronco makes the jump to ND EVER from BYU. It's just too big of a jump. It would shock the nation.

He would need to take a BCS job, and rebuild a program in a major conference. Even him going to A&M would be a huge stretch.

I wouuld actually really enjoy it if Bronco went to A&M. It would be fun to follow, and I could get back behind the Aggies.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I should also mention that it would do wonders for the church IMO, if someone like Bronco were the coach in a big program.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Andy Reid?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote