cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default The Economist endorses Obama.

http://www.economist.com/world/unite...tures_box_main
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Cali, Cali, Cali... The Economist is a British magazine. Karl Marx lived in England. Coincidence?

Martin Luther King was a communist bent on toppling America. Martin Luther King was a negro. Barack Obama is a negro, or at least a mulatto.

We don't want communism here in America.

Please don't be so easily deceived.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

It is interesting what others who have no vote might say. Are you stating if Iran or North Korea endorse Obama, we should look upon that as a positive?

You'll get your pound of flesh and gloat over those of us who oppose Obama. It's going to be a miserable four years until his honeymoon is over. I will turn off the political threads until he starts suffering. Only he's being castigated will turn around be fair play. He's been treated easily and is the golden boy, can wait until the fool's gold comes off.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:02 AM   #4
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

hilarious post one of the best
maake's that is . arch sounds like a misplaced nobleman

-- Ken Loach

Last edited by Frank Ryan; 10-31-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #5
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ryan View Post
arch sounds like a misplaced nobleman
I think the spectre of an Obamanation is driving Arch off the edge. That post was almost grape-esque in its construction.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I think the spectre of an Obamanation is driving Arch off the edge. That post was almost grape-esque in its construction.
lol! That's what I thought too! Hilarious. Captain Hyperbole grows STRONGER!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Yep, let's take 'chance'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
What have we got to lose?

I love how people who have a Royalty (Queen) as a leader are telling the rest of us how to vote.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
What have we got to lose?

I love how people who have a Royalty (Queen) as a leader are telling the rest of us how to vote.
The monarch in England has as much power as a Democrat in the Utah legislature, well, actually less, if that's even possible.

It is curious how interested others are in our business, really. It's almost as if they're saying "please America, you elected an ignoramous cowboy last time, and look what that did. Whether you realize it or not, the selection you make for your leader has a huge effect on the rest of us."

I would venture to bet there are more people outside the US who are familiar with our issues and their effects & causes, than there are in our country, which is sad.

So, why is support for Obama outside our borders considered a reason to *not* want him to be President, for those on the right?
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:36 AM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
So, why is support for Obama outside our borders considered a reason to *not* want him to be President, for those on the right?
Because Obama is closer to the left than any other politician in the US.

He's saying that he's willing to sit down and talk to rogue leaders like Ahmendiejad, Chavez, etc. and my concern is that he won't be willing to tell them to stick it when they want to pressure him into caving to what they want.

If the world looks to the US as a leader, then we need someone who is willing to lead rather than appease.

I hope that I'm wrong about him, but he has said absolutely nothing to make think that he won't be a suck-up.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
The monarch in England has as much power as a Democrat in the Utah legislature, well, actually less, if that's even possible.

It is curious how interested others are in our business, really. It's almost as if they're saying "please America, you elected an ignoramous cowboy last time, and look what that did. Whether you realize it or not, the selection you make for your leader has a huge effect on the rest of us."

I would venture to bet there are more people outside the US who are familiar with our issues and their effects & causes, than there are in our country, which is sad.

It's a non sequitur. It may amuse, just as socking it to the "rich" amuses you, but it is irrelevant. When do I get to vote in Britain's elections?

If American media started endorsing British candidates or German candidates how would those populaces view it? With disdain. It's pretentious and condescending for them to do this.