cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #61
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Ledger and the director were brilliant on the creation of Joker. Only complaint is that the movie slowed down the last 30 minutes. They might have tried to accomplish too much.

I prefer Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes was only of the few weaknesses in Batman Begins. Which was slightly better than the Dark Knight. Which was better than Hancock, which was better than Iron Man, which was very good.

I've seen it twice now, with two different groups of friends. Christian Bale is awesome. His voice helps make the movie and the character, for sure. I look forward to Terminator 4, 5, and 6.

The Dark Knight seemed to end 2/3rds of the way through, and bogged down slightly after that with too many things shoved in at the end and a couple of scenes that were definitely drawn out far too long (the boats). It was a little too dark, a little too graphic (burning fire trucks, blowing up hospitals... though I did enjoy the magic pencil trick). I feel bad for the small children brought by their selfish, idiotic parents. Ledger was awesome, but no wonder he was popping so many sleeping pills each night. He will win some major post-mortum awards.

I didn't quite get the motivation for Dent's character towards the end, though I understand the comic character he is based on. And Batman tells Gordon he is going to save Rachel- the Joker switched the addresses in order to have an ace in the hole. The questions left open about The Joker's history make him more compelling in my book.

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If child abusing dickheads want to see it, I want no part of it.
Go to the website http://www.familywatchdog.us/ and type in the address 451 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #62
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post

Go to the website http://www.familywatchdog.us/ and type in the address 451 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112.
It would seem my comment really struck a chord deep inside you. It's not my fault if you are an abusive pedophile who likes Batman.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #63
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the dumbest comments I have ever read about film were contained in this thread.

If you have not read this thread, I recommend you do not.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #64
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Some of the dumbest comments I have ever read about film were contained in this thread.

If you have not read this thread, I recommend you do not.
LOL. I doubt I would have anyway, but thanks.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #65
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Is this the thread that contains your Deer Hunter analysis?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote