cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
They are my favorite band ever.
Serious? Did you catch their reunion tour a couple years back? I saw them with The Thrills and The Mars Volta right here in OC.

It was a great show. played all the classics, "Wave of Mutilation," "Caribou," "Where is My Mind," "here comes your man," "monkey gone to heaven," and even their cover of "Head on."

For awhile, their was a HD channel called INHD that was showing their Boston homecoming gig in its entirety.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I think you'd be surprised.
I saw your Arcade Fire post. Settle down.

And it is a cool clip, btw.

Have you seen them live?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
My favorite bands are what would be considered the original New Wave bands, though many of them really aren't what I would say is New Wave, but only got put in that category because they're not the lousy Top 40 crap of that time - such as Echo and the Bunnymen, The Rave Ups, Oingo Boingo, etc.
I love those bands.

Echo just played here at the HOB for the second time in a few years. great shows. They played here when I was in high school with New Order and Gene Loves Jezebel. new order was touring for Substance and EATB had released their self titled disc (the one with Lips Like Sugar and Bedbugs and Ballyhoo).

Oingo Boingo is one of my all time faves. I think Danny Elfman is a genius. My first concert ever...my brother took me to see them at the Greek Theater for the Good For your Soul tour. Did you see their farewell visit to the Delta Center? I was in Utah, so could not make it to any of the LA shows. But did catch them once for halloween at the palladium. I love going to shows.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #24
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I saw your Arcade Fire post. Settle down.

And it is a cool clip, btw.

Have you seen them live?
Nah. I gave up shows a while ago.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I love those bands.

Echo just played here at the HOB for the second time in a few years. great shows. They played here when I was in high school with New Order and Gene Loves Jezebel. new order was touring for Substance and EATB had released their self titled disc (the one with Lips Like Sugar and Bedbugs and Ballyhoo).

Oingo Boingo is one of my all time faves. I think Danny Elfman is a genius. My first concert ever...my brother took me to see them at the Greek Theater for the Good For your Soul tour. Did you see their farewell visit to the Delta Center? I was in Utah, so could not make it to any of the LA shows. But did catch them once for halloween at the palladium. I love going to shows.
I was at the show in SLC for the farewell tour. It was the best show they ever did in SLC - about 4 1/2 hours long and they even did an acoustic set. I've actually seen Oingo Boingo 22 times - 17 in SLC 2 in NYC and 3 in LA. Agreed about Elfman being a genius.

I saw the same EATB/Gene Loves Jezebal/New Order show that you saw, but at what was then known as Park West (now The Canyons). Great times and the only time I'm aware of that Ian McCulloch and the boys were ever in SLC.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #26
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I was at the show in SLC for the farewell tour. It was the best show they ever did in SLC - about 4 1/2 hours long and they even did an acoustic set. I've actually seen Oingo Boingo 22 times - 17 in SLC 2 in NYC and 3 in LA. Agreed about Elfman being a genius.

I saw the same EATB/Gene Loves Jezebal/New Order show that you saw, but at what was then known as Park West (now The Canyons). Great times and the only time I'm aware of that Ian McCulloch and the boys were ever in SLC.
I was at that last show as wel here in SLC,,,and I thought it was never going to end.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #27
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike & The Mechanics, Toto, Hoobastank, Creed, Earth Wind & Fire
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #28
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Serious? Did you catch their reunion tour a couple years back? I saw them with The Thrills and The Mars Volta right here in OC.

It was a great show. played all the classics, "Wave of Mutilation," "Caribou," "Where is My Mind," "here comes your man," "monkey gone to heaven," and even their cover of "Head on."

For awhile, their was a HD channel called INHD that was showing their Boston homecoming gig in its entirety.
Sadly, I have never seen them live. The closest I have come was seeing Kim Deal with the Breeders.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #29
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I was at that last show as wel here in SLC,,,and I thought it was never going to end.
To be honest, I was hoping it would have lasted longer, but there really wasn't much more for them to do by the end. Good times wasn't it?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Sadly, I have never seen them live. The closest I have come was seeing Kim Deal with the Breeders.
Did you see the Breeders when they opened for Nirvana in Utah?