cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I also thought his followers in the audience were a disgrace, and McCain looked ashamed of them at times. His campaign rhetoric and bitterness were reflected in the crowd last night. I am glad that version of America lost.
Oh please. As if Obama ran a stain-free campaign. As if his supporters (250K by some reports) would've laid down quietly had Obama lost.

Notice this morning ... no riots in LA.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 11-05-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I can't EVER remember where the followers of a Presdiential candidate during a concession speech didn't boo some..the guy who won.

meh....big deal. You're nitpicking.

You've not exactly been a bastion of class in this political forum yourself.

Next.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
That's odd. I have never understood why blacks always vote that way on gay issues. Anybody have any insight?
They want to keep The Down Low, down low.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Oh please. As if Obama ran a stain-free campaign. As if his supporters (250K by some reports) would've laid down quietly had Obama lost.

Notice this morning ... no riots in LA.
Saying there would have been riots in LA today if McCain won is pretty speculative. Regardless, if there were riots, they wouldn't have occurred as a result of Obama's rhetoric. Obama wasn't driving voters to hate McCain. McCain's and Palin's rhetoric was simply nasty, and the effect of their rhetoric was mirrored in the temperament of their followers. McCain realized it at some point, which is why he began to tone it down (until the last week of his campaign, when he ramped it back up again in desperation).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #15
Tex

Quote:
Saying there would have been riots in LA today if McCain won is pretty speculative. Regardless, if there were riots, they wouldn't have occurred as a result of Obama's rhetoric. Obama wasn't driving voters to hate McCain. McCain's and Palin's rhetoric was simply nasty, and the effect of their rhetoric was mirrored in the temperament of their followers. McCain realized it at some point, which is why he began to tone it down (until the last week of his campaign, when he ramped it back up again in desperation).
Bah, nonsense. I guess one couldn't expect you to admit when your own man was going negative ... you can't even concede the Limbaugh quotes in his miserably dishonest Spanish ad were distortions.

McCain was no angel, but he ran a fairly civil campaign for a presidential campaign. He only went to Ayers when absolutely forced, and completely ignored Jeremiah Wright--not because polling was bad on those topics, but out of a sense of (in his mind) decency.

But I don't blame you for being a little woozy with the onset of the Second Coming. Sooner or later you'll have to come back to earth.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 11-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Saying there would have been riots in LA today if McCain won is pretty speculative.
Not to mention racist.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #17
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Very well said, Rocky. Nice job.

As an aside, I thought McCain's speech was the best he has ever given. For the first time in months, he appeared sincere and free from rancor. I thought to myself, if he had spoken and carried himself throughout his campaign like he did last night, he very well could be president-elect today. I liked the McCain of last night. It was the same McCain I would have voted for in 2000. What troubles me, and what I think will haunt him, is that his words rang a bit hollow last night from what he has said and done in the past 6 months.

I also thought his followers in the audience were a disgrace, and McCain looked ashamed of them at times. His campaign rhetoric and bitterness were reflected in the crowd last night. I am glad that version of America lost.
Every Democrat likes a Republican loser.

I don't like him, he lost, ran a terrible campaign and brought disgrace upon our party. Until an R can replace you in the Senate, be silent, you have nothing to say of any value. Be gone John. His words are meaningless. The opposition always like a loser who concedes.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Bah, nonsense. I guess one couldn't expect you to admit when your own man was going negative ... you can't even concede the Limbaugh quotes in his miserably dishonest Spanish ad were distortions.

McCain was no angel, but he ran a fairly civil campaign for a presidential campaign. He only went to Ayers when absolutely forced, and completely ignored Jeremiah Wright--not because polling was bad on those topics, but out of a sense of (in his mind) decency.

But I don't blame you for being a little woozy with the onset of the Second Coming. Sooner or later you'll have to come back to earth.
He ignored Wright until the last week of his campaign, when they went with it full force in PA. He wasn't ever "forced" to bring up Ayers. It is silly to think that someone out there was literally requiring McCain to bring up that issue. McCain took it because he was losing and he thought it would help. In the process, he and Palin used highly inflammatory language and their supporters dialed it up from there.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
Tex

Quote:
He ignored Wright until the last week of his campaign, when they went with it full force in PA. He wasn't ever "forced" to bring up Ayers. It is silly to think that someone out there was literally requiring McCain to bring up that issue. McCain took it because he was losing and he thought it would help. In the process, he and Palin used highly inflammatory language and their supporters dialed it up from there.
It was an expression. He was forced in that he didn't want to use Ayers, but he finally yielded to outside pressure to use it.

As for Wright and PA, you're exaggerating as usual. I visited the Huffington Post (undoubtedly your source on such nonsense), and their case is nothing but smoke. Certainly not "full force."

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 11-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
How many more religious terms will you use in a mocking manner?

First, you use the term Messiah.

Now you are being light-minded about the Second Coming.

I actually find it quite ironic how casually you play with those terms.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote