cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 04:09 AM   #1
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Met Michael Reed tonight

My wife and I were down at the Provo Towne Center Mall this evening. We went into The Finish Line, and I am looking at some basketball shoes. There is a tall guy with a fro in there with his entourage. He was talking to one of the guys that worked at the Finish Line. The guy comes over to me and helps me with a shoe size. I asked him if it was Keena Young(who he was talking to). He said yeah it was. We got to talking and I found out he was Michael Reed. He was a really nice guy. Saw the scar on his hand from when he broke his thumb. We chatted for a bit, he said he was excited about the offense this year, and that he was ready to be the main guy at wideout for us this year. No real secret insights into whats going on, I just thought it was cool to meet him.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default Nice kid

I really like Mike Reed and think that he'll be a great fit here over the next few years. If I had to pick between the two receivers that we signed from Texas that year (Mike Reed and Antuan Harris) I would have picked Reed hands down. Antuan was very vocal/mouthy/talked a lot of trash but didn't back it up as much. Mike Reed gets out there, plays hard and looks like he really enjoys playing the game. He seems to me like he's a better fit out of the two, hopefully he can be that go-to guy for the next 3 years.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:01 AM   #3
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I was extremely happy with Michael Reed last year. I think he could turn out to be one of the better receivers in the conference next year.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote