cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yes, the TOP really surprised me. It sure didn't seem like they had the ball more. And I was really expecting big numbers for Asiata/Mack. And Louks turned out to have the most yards???

Anyone listen the post game show? The articles in the paper didn't have much insight. However, Kyle did say that wind messes more w/ the game plan than rain or snow. I'm leaning that the coaches game planned to a very conservative, limit turnovers ugly type game. That they scored so many points is likely pretty impressive.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, BYU has the same problems with Unga, Vakapuna, Collie, Reed. Pitta, George, etc. The bottom line is Brian Johnson is not efficient enough. If and when Utah loses this year he will be the reason for it. You have good enough running backs and receivers to go undefeated but I dont think BJ is good enough.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #13
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I agree, BYU has the same problems with Unga, Vakapuna, Collie, Reed. Pitta, George, etc. The bottom line is Brian Johnson is not efficient enough. If and when Utah loses this year he will be the reason for it. You have good enough running backs and receivers to go undefeated but I dont think BJ is good enough.
might be, but I'm hoping that you are wrong. Really hoping.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #14
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Most games, he's been asked to simply manage the game and thus far, the team has been able to battle through his mistakes. At times, he has been flat out awful, but when he needed to drive the team down against OSU when most had counted him out, he came through

His biggest issue continues to be, IMO that he is so afraid to make a mistake tha he ends up making mistakes. He needs to not think so much and just get the ball to Casteel and the like and let those guys make plays.

All that said, the coaches also play a role in this in terms of his confidence and the plays that are called.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #15
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Most games, he's been asked to simply manage the game and thus far, the team has been able to battle through his mistakes. At times, he has been flat out awful, but when he needed to drive the team down against OSU when most had counted him out, he came through

His biggest issue continues to be, IMO that he is so afraid to make a mistake tha he ends up making mistakes. He needs to not think so much and just get the ball to Casteel and the like and let those guys make plays.

All that said, the coaches also play a role in this in terms of his confidence and the plays that are called.
that is when tinkle-toes Linda comes into play. Home games only.