cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I applaud NBC

& other news outlets for doing their best to make it look like it was going to be close down to the end.

Out here, they cut away to local news at 10:52 EST and it was 207 to 142. When they jumped back on at 11:00 it was over 300 for Obama. Looking at the fancy electoral map and seeing the trends in voting it was easy to tell that it was over pretty early.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
& other news outlets for doing their best to make it look like it was going to be close down to the end.

Out here, they cut away to local news at 10:52 EST and it was 207 to 142. When they jumped back on at 11:00 it was over 300 for Obama. Looking at the fancy electoral map and seeing the trends in voting it was easy to tell that it was over pretty early.
Yeah, but it unnecissarily kept up the hopes of my 12-year-old. Obama was at 200+, Obama had won Ohio, and the west coast polls hadn't even closed, so essentially it was way way over. Yet he held out hope, only to be dashed. I tried to explain, but he kept thinking there was a chance.

I blame NBC.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Yeah, but it unnecissarily kept up the hopes of my 12-year-old. Obama was at 200+, Obama had won Ohio, and the west coast polls hadn't even closed, so essentially it was way way over. Yet he held out hope, only to be dashed. I tried to explain, but he kept thinking there was a chance.

I blame NBC.
It was almost comical..."the margin for McCain is narrowing, Chuck, what does he have to do?"

"Well Brian, win every swing state that he is currently losing in."
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
It was almost comical..."the margin for McCain is narrowing, Chuck, what does he have to do?"

"Well Brian, win every swing state that he is currently losing in."
. . . plus California.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote